Miroku shooters

wj939

Shotgun shells don't behave differently in different makes of gun, not like rifles anyway, not that you could necessarily go by others rifle results in any case. Buy whatever shell you fancy which is suitable for the job in hand, it'll be fine.

Edited by Hamster

Actually your WRONG!

Cartridges Do pattern differently in different guns! That is why big choke manufacturers spend so much money on R&D. A cheaply made, or fixed choke may give a half decent pattern, but top end choke tube manufacturers claim their choke will offer better patterns hence top trap shooters opting for them!

So if you have a Baikal, with fixed chokes firing black gold, on a pattern board. Then take the same shot with a Perazzi with Briley chokes for instance! There will be a visible difference.

Barrel length, Chokes, Ported barrels etc! There are many variations that can have an effect on Pattern!

Edited by Lord Geordie

Actually Lord Geordie you're RIGHT. Yes it is true that different cartridges can and do give different results, perhaps even in the same gun on a different day due to temperature variations, not to mention air density if shooting well above sea level.

Alas our friend asked whether anyone had done any Miroku specific tests, as if that would give any meaningful feedback to him regarding his own gun and shooting. So in that context I'm afraid I was right in my initial response. Any variations between chokes/barrels/guns/temperatures/shells etc is to all intents and purposes so tiny and random that there is no way wj939's query could be answered accurately.

Shotgun shells don't behave differently in different makes of gun,

That didn't sound Gun specific to me? Hence my post, as each gun is different from choke maufacturer to barrel length even overbored etc then a cart Would behave differently in different makes of guns!

He was asking which cart will offer the best pattern for HIS gun! I understand that. But as I say it depends on what make of Choke is installed and the cart manufacturers specs, "Powder, shot size etc" ask people who use BB for fox and the pattern showing huge gaps! Then ask what the pattern is like with #3 which is just as good for Fox!

Also, reading between the lines on cart tests, Slower powders seem to offer less deformation of shot and better pattern due to less flyers!

As I say a lot of Variables!

I am not having a Dig it's just my opinion from observation!

Edited by Lord Geordie

Thanks for the replies, I have noticed big differences in patterns with different guns/ carts same as any ballistics barrel width etc has an impact.

Not heard anything bad about hulls so might give them a try. Was looking to see if anyone had done back to back tests on a pattern plate