Gutting and Skinning Rabbits

Fieldsports

good video skinning made easy

don't they need prepared in a heo inspected room to go into food chain??

not having a go just asking

colin

No mate, the rooms only come into account if they are been stored for any time.

EG: Kill a deer in the field...inspect it you say its OK as you have been trained ! now it goes to the game dealers..with no storage involved.

And then temperature is a big factor to take into account if it is to be stored.

If they are fresh from the field and cleaned correct / inspected by the trained hunter that’s OK

Providing the Rabbits are for ourselves ( Meaning I / you my hunting partner eats them or is planning to do so.)

I took the NGO training course.

As a rule I do prep inside but for the benefit of the video I showed it in daylight where I could film decent.

To go back into the food chain on a commercial basis the rules vary a little, and a prep room can be a requirement. ( On a large scale of game )

Once the game dealer gets them and this is within a few hours of been culled they are re-examined and washed / packed for the food chain.

( So I am told )

Different game does have different rules once you intend to sell commercially.

Overall this "Trained hunters ID" gives you the authority to say yes or no...Meaning...

If a commercial shoot is selling pheasants out of the field direct to the game dealers ,

you as a trained hunter in game meat gives you the option to decide what should go to the dealer and what should be disposed of !

You have to take into account the condition of the animal before death ! After death what your findings are when cleaning the animal.

You must also commit and present a label stating that YOU the trained hunter with your ID number is happy for this game to pass on to the food chain.

Well that’s what my tutor told me in the training I paid for. :santa:

Thanks Steve

Edited by Fieldsports

wasn't having a go mate i am a butcher and when i asked our heo if i could bring what i get into work i was told if i work on them 1st the premises where i work them needs to be cleared ,

the back of my 4x4 is very clean lol

you do make squeezing the guts out look very easy do you do anything to the rear end 1st i will give that a go next time i am out

colin

wasn't having a go mate i am a butcher and when i asked our heo if i could bring what i get into work i was told if i work on them 1st the premises where i work them needs to be cleared ,

the back of my 4x4 is very clean lol

you do make squeezing the guts out look very easy do you do anything to the rear end 1st i will give that a go next time i am out

colin

No mate I never took it as a grump..I know where you are coming from mate.

I have edited the first post to explain a little.

Its all about Game meat really....I know this sounds daft but game can be supplied direct from the field..

A cow A lamb A Pig can not.

Rules and rules...Sorry I know

Now your going to say hey fatty ! you can kill a wild pig and sell it from the field ?

And then your thinking "when I buy a pig from a farm it has to go through all this legislation that the government set for me.

Like I say sorry.

When did the last phesant anybody bought to eat go through any checks ?

That's why this Game meat hygiene stuff is coming in that I have done.

Hope that helps....LOL

Steve

i think the laws have changed a bit recently as our regular game dealer said he is finding more and more shooters taking things direct to the shops it depends on what one heo calls working on the game to what another says as i feel rabbits are best gutted as soon as poss,

they are a funny bunch and a law unto themselves

colin