Broken my Woodcock "duck"

welsh1

Well went out today equipped with my lovely new Pigeon watch game bag,i have to say it is very well made,had a walk round two permissions but it was hard going as the ground was very saturated.

Jake worked very well and marked and then flushed the first Woodcock out of a drainage ditch by a pond,a fairly testing shot between two trees,but finally got my first Woodcock of the season,Jake did a nice retrieve. :good:

201212211316031.jpg

The second Woodcock was marked beautifully by Jake and i sent him in and again a testing shot which i winged, it went down in thick trees and undergrwth but again Jake was on it and a good retrieve :yes: .

201212211436231.jpg

So i would recommend that you buy a game bag as they seem to balance you out making you a better shot :whistling:

201212211436281.jpg

Edited by welsh1

Forgot to add that i took the dog down the shore to have a swim and get clean, and he cut his pad on some glass,it wouldn't stop bleeding so a trip to the vets was called for,all bandaged up and some antibiotics,so that is no dog for a week poor lad.

Not a big cut more of a nick but in that place where it will keep flexing and bleeding.

Hope you Dog is getting star treatent durin his time off :good:

Sounds like he deserves it :yes:

Being spoilt mate, wife is fussing over him and he is hamming it up big style. The forecast here is rain and more rain, so we won't be going out for a few days anyway.so he will snore on my lap most of the time.

Well done that man, what's the pigeon shooting like down in Pembroke ??? Every time I visit that part of the world there seems to be loads of pigeons about.

There are some pigeon about,but not in the numbers that will get you big bags,most of the land is sheep or cattle,so it is best for pigeons when the wheat and if you are lucky rape is going in,or being harvested,but there is a bit of everything to keep you occupied so can't complain.

love the sxs,,is that a spanish eibar by any chance,,looks very similar to mine,,congrats on the woodcock,well done

It is an old Spanish master,cost me £50 and is the first shotgun I reach for every time,just a great little field gun.