semi auto advice (Yes another thread)

solz

hey all,

ive been looking into getting a left handed benelli m2 (due to the fact that they make a left handed version), however was thinking about it all the other day (as you do) and reading some articles on people shooting right handed guns from the left, may people have said to me about this but i have always been unsure.

looking into right handed semis gives me a whole lot more choice for guns, the two i have been looking at are the winchester sx3 and the browning maxus, so just have a few question on these guns.

are they available in 3"? i have seen many with 3.5" but don't really want that size chamber.

i am a fairly big chap so need a LOP around the 15" mark, do any of these guns come with spacers to add to the LOP? also are there cast and shims to help me shoot the gun from the left shoulder?

and finally is there any left handed shooters who use a right handed semi? and what guns do you use and how do you get along with them??

thx all, and merry Christmas

solz

Hi

I use a right handed auto!

I have bought left handed benellis but now shoot a Sx3 all the while.

Never had any issues.

Also resale is a lot easier.

do you still have the benelli? if not why did you end up selling? also how did you get on with the sx3 from the left shoulder?

thx for the replie

the range i use is from 65mm too 89mm including 67mm 70 mm and 3". Im right handed. Have you sorted that webley 810 out yet?.

ok, cycles them fine does it? may i ask what brand of carts you shoot? the 810 still double feeds and jams on some carts (getting fed up a bit so that why im looking into a different gun, shame realy because it is a nice little gun if it work)

hey all,

ive been looking into getting a left handed benelli m2 (due to the fact that they make a left handed version), however was thinking about it all the other day (as you do) and reading some articles on people shooting right handed guns from the left, may people have said to me about this but i have always been unsure.

looking into right handed semis gives me a whole lot more choice for guns, the two i have been looking at are the winchester sx3 and the browning maxus, so just have a few question on these guns.

are they available in 3"? i have seen many with 3.5" but don't really want that size chamber.

i am a fairly big chap so need a LOP around the 15" mark, do any of these guns come with spacers to add to the LOP? also are there cast and shims to help me shoot the gun from the left shoulder?

and finally is there any left handed shooters who use a right handed semi? and what guns do you use and how do you get along with them??

thx all, and merry Christmas

solz

i use a right hand maxus.it comes with spacers to adjust length and cast.mines 3 1/2 chamber.no probs with 67mm and above.i have no probs shooting r/h semis.too restricted looking for a lefty

i use a right hand maxus.it comes with spacers to adjust length and cast.mines 3 1/2 chamber.no probs with 67mm and above.i have no probs shooting r/h semis.too restricted looking for a lefty

does the maxus come in a 3"??? the one thing i like about the maxus is the speed loading, i can see this being useful for us leftys as you can put one straight in the mag tube and it will chamber it? am i correct?

The maxus and sx3 can come in 3" versions, the sx3 3" version is called 'field' I think; it has the wooden hand guard and and butt. And the carbon Fibre maxus is also in 3". However the carbon fibre one doesn't have mag cut-off but does have speed load which you say you like.

Both field sx3 and C F maxus have spacers to adjust LOP :) I have an sx3 and can say it is very reliable.

Hope this helps,

Dave

I'm a left hander and shoot a sx3 right handed gun and not a problem love it to bits and out of all the semi autos I tested its the best one for me. And when people say it cycles they really do just tlking about it makes me want to take it out now. Top guns.

thx for your views, is yours 3.5" chamber?

I shoot an SX3 with a 3" chamber. Never had a problem with it. A left handed shooter I know used it and didn't want to give it back. Said it was the best right handed semi auto he'd ever used as a left hander.

thas good to hear, hopefully going to a shop soon to pick one up and see how it feels, what would be recommend the 3" or the 3.5" i can not see myself ever using 3.5" tbh, does the 3" cycle better than the 3.5"? or are they both top notch :)

also you dont have to hold the button in to load carts into the mag tube do you??

thx for your views, is yours 3.5" chamber?

Yes mine is a 3.5" chamber and will do 65mm carts without any problem at all they are very good guns and the quality good like I said if you try one and it feels right get the gun shop or clay ground to set it up with all the shims and cast adjusted and try it.like I say I can't fault mine.

thx very much all, thats good to know :) i suppose some would say that one day i may need 3.5", however ive had a 3" gun for a few years and yet to shoot a 3" cartridge.

thats good to hear about the button :)

edit: just read about some people having problem with the piston? apparently a spring offen breaks and can be costly to replace? anyone know anymore about this?

Edited by solz

thx very much all, thats good to know :) i suppose some would say that one day i may need 3.5", however ive had a 3" gun for a few years and yet to shoot a 3" cartridge.

thats good to hear about the button :)

edit: just read about some people having problem with the piston? apparently a spring offen breaks and can be costly to replace? anyone know anymore about this?

had the spring on my maxus break,same spring as sx3.replaced it with better quality after market one from norway...easy job to do