aa decoys rotary + speed controller

matty*

evening people,

at sandringham game fair i brought an aa decoys rotary from there stall.

when i got it home i fort id have a quick go in the garden with it to see how it works,

at first it was too slow, so i changed the wire over on the magnet witch i was told to do when i brought it if i wanted to change the speed.

but after that it went to quick for me like it was nearly taking off out the ground had a fiddle nothing changed to fort id get a spped controller.

order a speed controller from a1 decoys stating a tuff little unite and lasting a long time fort yep that will do for me.

used it for one session bout 6 hours couldnt have worked better.

now i went to use it again started fine set the speed i wanted and after 10 mins it stopped?

turned it off turned it back on went again then stopped.

changed batters and still kept stopping.

had the hole thing appart re-soldered all connections and double checked everything put it on went for 10 mins a gain and then stopped again.

has nebody have nemore sergestions on what it could be??

quite annoying really worked so well befor.

thanks

matty

the speed controllers are normally matched to the motors, you need to check the max current draw advised for the controller and check the current draw when the motor is running at you ideal speed, motors draw more amps at lower speeds or higher loads, the speed controller needs to be rated at least 25% higher than the max motor current required or the control chip will overheat, its a pity you resoldered the controller as that will void any warranty you had, if the chip is damaged there is little you can do with it,, I use speed controllers for model aircraft motors which are radio controlled and come in a large range of sizes, trying to match motors to controllers is a real headache but there is a lot of info on line , try a google on the controller you have there may be some info out there , best of luck, merry christmas all, :good: