tow bar needed

MM

I have always put my own on, normally quite simple but they take a few hours. Worst one i ever had was a mazda 6 where i had to cut out ends of the chassis rails to slide the reinforcing bars in. Only thing is i would get someone else to do the wiring on a new motor.

Edited by ferguson_tom

• 2 weeks later...

Best price I got was direct from Witter via their website. Mobile unit turned exactly when they said he would and did a quick and very tidy job. Would have done it myself but the savings were minimal and the electrics were pretty complex (park sensors, tow assist, 13 pin euro socket etc)

Best price I got was direct from Witter via their website. Mobile unit turned exactly when they said he would and did a quick and very tidy job. Would have done it myself but the savings were minimal and the electrics were pretty complex (park sensors, tow assist, 13 pin euro socket etc)

Agreed, I'd recommend Witter too. There's even the proper Witter fitting centre just outside Chester

as much as i like that idea,

£468.84 is a massive amount to pay. Ive found them online for a little over £100 and comes with an easy to fit guide.

On my Freelander 2 I got a detatchable towbar fitted my witter, they even came to my place of work and fit it there and then, great service.

The worse tow bar i ever fitted is on my D1 as its a petrol tank guard as well, its bloody heavy and trying to wrestle it into place was not a lot of fun.

as much as i like that idea,

£468.84 is a massive amount to pay. Ive found them online for a little over £100 and comes with an easy to fit guide.

Having lost a caravan on a motorway roundabout due to a dodgy towbar I'm a bit paranoid about getting the job done right! But that seems like a bargain...is it all in with electrics etc? Do you have to cut away any bodywork? Will have to put one on an Insignia in the next few weeks, if you have a link I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Diceman

Having lost a caravan on a motorway roundabout due to a dodgy towbar I'm a bit paranoid about getting the job done right! But that seems like a bargain...is it all in with electrics etc? Do you have to cut away any bodywork? Will have to put one on an Insignia in the next few weeks, if you have a link I'd appreciate it.

Yours go up to around the £500 mark

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/towbars/towbar.php?id=156255&year=41

if i had to do a lot of towing with mine, then i would think twice about a pro fitting, but ive only to tow my boat from the caravan to the boat club two minutes away.