Poached deer

Scully

In the festive break we found two young roe bucks with all four limbs missing.No obvious entry/exit wounds so we're assuming .22 of some kind(we didn't skin them to find out,but in hindsight I suppose we should do)Besides the poaching aspect I'm disguted at the huge waste of meat;as I said,only the limbs were missing.Taking the front legs is as confusing to me as leaving the rest of the carcass behind. :hmm:

We need much firmer sentencing of the culprits, its not just the deer its discharging a firearm often from a roadside vehicle without due care at night and the sale and translocation of meat into the human food chain. Anyone found buying "dodgy venison" should be also brought before the courts and if they are a commercial establishment removal of their livelihood should be carried out forthwith. As for just the legs? I can only assume speed, knowledge of the cuts and transportation? One thing is sure it wasn't checked over or handled with a mind for hygiene!,