Simulated game shoot hertfordshire

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just transfer me some extra monies and I'll be providing you with 11 new traps my friend. You see my brudda, he live in the Nigeria, he maka these for the high council chief king wizard of our sovereign nations.

Simply send me your banks details and I'll ensure my attentions is on you.

Just transfer me some extra monies and I'll be providing you with 11 new traps my friend. You see my brudda, he live in the Nigeria, he maka these for the high council chief king wizard of our sovereign nations.

Simply send me your banks details and I'll ensure my attentions is on you.

that might of been a better idea than what i did !!!! :good:

Looking at the pics of them on EBay they appear to be 110v. The plugs on them are definitely 110v plugs.

Baring in mind that health and safety law for electrical equipment on building sites is 110v only I would imagine that for mains clay traps it would be the same.

Did you connect them to the type of yellow box that was posted earlier? Or did you connect them directly to the 240v mains?

If you connected them to the 240v mains and by the description of the motors burning out then it is likely that is the problem.

Did you check the motor plates as already suggested to see the correct voltage for yourself? Or did you just go by what the seller instructed?

After all he has now said he never tested them so he's hardly able to instruct you to set them up if he has never done it himself.

Even if there is a control box that the traps connect to I find it strange that they use 110v plugs rather than some other form of smaller easier to use connection. Or if they definitely are 240v then why not have the blue 240v round plugs which are from first appearances identical to those yellow ones but only blue.

These are assumptions and questions based on my trade as a Qualified Electrician.

There could be a 110v transformer built in to the control box, I assume that it must be quite large if that's the size of plugs its taking. And would imagine it to have a bit of weight about it if there was a transformer inside.

IF and I say IF you could get the other 6 working you could possibly get them and half your money back. As I don't see you getting 6 traps for that kind of price elsewhere. Although if it was me I would probably walk away and look elsewhere.

From a quick google search most trap manufacturers produce 12V, 110V, 220V and even 400V traps.

110V would easily be quite common as not only would it likely meet health and safety requirements here but its the standard voltage of North America.

Hi billy I'm negotiating with seller at moment or it goes to court

In the meantime Peter, why not ask "Alan"hitclays" to organise a shoot on your land. This could be beneficial in two ways!

One the Herts and local area shooters will have a good day out,

Two you could learn a lot from an real expert for the future.

Terry

Edited by bakerboy