RC Cartridges

farmer

Hi,

I use them in both 12 and 20 Gauge.

I first started using them after been recommended by Essex Gun in Romford, Never looked back.

I use the 32G RC SIPE in 12G and RC T3 28g in 20G. Both usually No. 6's

Did put a post on here last week asking if people had found anything else better, as they are quite expensive but decided to stick with them. After all you get what you pay for.

I can't say what the lighter loads are like but the Sipe's have seen off more than 1500 pigeons this year, so I'm more than happy with them.

I also use them on highish Pheasant's and again have been more than happy with them

Only thing to do is get a few and try them alongside others.

I'm sure a lot of it has to do with having confidence in the ones you use but I really have found these to be excellent hard hitting shells.

You won't be dissapointed. (But stick to the Sipe's!!)

I bought 250 of these once when I couldn't get any Eley, used one box and sold the rest on to my father-in-law. They're very punchy and leave horrible plastic fouling down the barrels which takes forever to clean. I didn't feel confident with them at all, and they're expensive in comparison.

At the end of the day each gun reacts differently to each make of cartridge and to some degree load and shot size. Find one make you like and have confidence in and don't change unless you have too. :good:

I've used RC 32 gr 5s for rabbit shooting with a tight choked AYA sbs and they are hard hitters. Best used in a heavy gun I think as they do kick a bit. DS.

:lol: !!!!!

I will be using an AYA Yeoman with half and full choke and using 32g RC Sipe fibre wadded cartridges with shot size 5 this Friday for lamping rabbits. It's Dad's gun and I have not used it before but I'm hoping it will allow for some slightly longer shots that my 20 bore Beretta with quarter and half choke and 28g of 6's allows. :good:

FM ;)

We used to use a lot of RC cartridges about 15 years ago. Our local clay ground were the main UK importers at the time and gave us very good deals. I've used over a dozen different types but the JK6 were a very good cartridge also the RC8 (36g nickel plated), we used a lot for duck flighting and rough walked up. They were a very good cartridge IMO.

Mark.

Hi FM, RC Sipe, that's them, I found they bite back so get that gun well mounted. I like the Yeoman for ground game and found the pattern held tight. If you miss you miss but if you touch them they won't go to far. Good hunting. DS.

Thanks. :lol: I'll probably have a rugby shirt on, jacket then camo jacket as well so recoil is rarely an issue. :good:

FM ;)

To follow on from my early post I normally use RC in my semi-auto remmys as they have a nice lot of punch, very good if you have a 3 ½ inch chambered semi-auto like me that sometimes will not eject the empty cases of light loads (always ejects any RC load). Also have used them in my Winchester 23 and they seem to go well through it and don’t seem to kick a great deal. However I did fin they kicked in my AYA Super Solway mind u it’s a totally different type of gun from the others, however it is still quite heavy so I can see why some people may find them to kick in lighter guns. strangely enough the Winchester 23 is lighter but it don’t kick at all in that lol

Crow