Trying some new angles to improve my videos - feedback appreciated

Duffryn

great video. Have you seen this sort of set up for the dog? http://thesugarcoat.com/UniversalCamCollar.aspx quite liked the last angle but the camera was just missing the second barrel. the headcam is definitely the best though. I just need to find something for editing on the mac as I am not getting very far with iMovie.

cheers!

Another great video. :good:

As a shooter I like the head cam view (as long as you don't swing round too much, which induces sea sickness), but I appreciate that the other angles give variety.

The camera fixed behind the shooter worked, even though you don't see the second shot.

Not sure about the camera in front of the shooter, perhaps that could be improved with a better looking shooter. :lol:

I like the dog cam and it is interesting to see two views of the same shot.

Whatever you do its a pleasure to watch your videos.

great video. Have you seen this sort of set up for the dog? http://thesugarcoat....lCamCollar.aspx quite liked the last angle but the camera was just missing the second barrel. the headcam is definitely the best though. I just need to find something for editing on the mac as I am not getting very far with iMovie.

cheers!

quite sure that is what Duffryn is using

It's the sugar collar he's using, the problem is with the dog having loose skin and the height of the camera as soon as the dog runs the camera moves under the dogs neck.

Iain is out pigeon shooting today so maybe he's came up with a solution. I personally like the dog cam, it's amazing how quick they are and I find it fascinating watching the hint from the dogs prospective.

great video. Have you seen this sort of set up for the dog? http://thesugarcoat....lCamCollar.aspx quite liked the last angle but the camera was just missing the second barrel. the headcam is definitely the best though. I just need to find something for editing on the mac as I am not getting very far with iMovie.

cheers!

Yes this is what I'm using. Thanks for feedback

m

Any particular reason why you have dropped to 720p?

The old Go Pro only goes up to 720. I'll use the Go Pro 2 fro the dog cam from now on

Great vids, Is there a way of mounting the Go pro on the barrel of a shotgun?

Thanks . I tried it but it affected my swing too much and you didn't really see much other than a second or two of shooting

Another great video. :good:

As a shooter I like the head cam view (as long as you don't swing round too much, which induces sea sickness), but I appreciate that the other angles give variety.

The camera fixed behind the shooter worked, even though you don't see the second shot.

Not sure about the camera in front of the shooter, perhaps that could be improved with a better looking shooter. :lol:

I like the dog cam and it is interesting to see two views of the same shot.

Whatever you are do its a pleasure to watch your videos.

Thanks. Agree on the front camera - the ugly *** shooting messed it up ! I'll try and perfect the dog cam I think

Out of interest duffryn, where did u pick it up? States or uk?

Enjoyed the video :good:

Got it from the states. I'll post some pics of it on the weekend you could probably make it for less than it cost to buy ( About £30 inc shipping)

Edited by Duffryn

Thanks for another cracking video!

I think I prefer the shooting angles where the bird can be seen approaching (headcam and behind) but the Rob-cam is great. I find it especially interesting when you stop him and he looks back for direction.When there are a few people around all dressed similarly the dog is able to pick out the one he should be looking at in a hurry - much quicker than me, to be honest! That is a learned skill I hadn't thought of before.

Food for thought for me as I bring on a young dog....

Thanks once again for all the videos.