Ruger 10/22 take down

JONAH898

TBH I can't see any positives in having that rifle unless you are prepping for world meltdown or intend on spending months in the wilderness and hunting your own food where you need a light, short rifle with ammo you can find in any ramsacked Walmart..........

As with any break down system, accuracy will suffer if the fit is not excellent and the 10/22 action is not normally known for it's accuracy out of the box although there are exceptions. Personally if you want a semi automatic .22LR rifle for target shooting / plinking then consider the following :-

CZ511 or BRNO 581

Standard Ruger 10/22 or Target if budget allows

M&P 15-22

Browning Buckmark

I have a CZ 511 which I had shortened to 14", I use it for target shooting and vermin control and find it an excellent tool. My one was made in '94 and I have put around 3500 rounds through it and it never gives me any problems. They are cheap to buy, I paid £170 for mine ready to go with scope

dscf8308.jpg

But the most importent thing is.........get the gun YOU want or you will never enjoying shooting it 100%

Edited by Livefast123

I have a .22 browning s/a take down. Great Little gun. OK for open sights, but with the scope mounted above the receiver it looses zero every time you take it down and you need two or three shots to re-zero when you put it together. I suspect the ruger will be likewise. Still like my Browning :-))

Been reading many many articals and waiting reviews on you tube and realy like the 10/22 and been using it a lot at the Hun club my only niggle is that stupid little button u have to press to lock the bolt back and release but can buy a new part or mod the original so to release the bolt u just pull it back to make it easier. Already started to look for parts for my 10/22 mags etc so when get my fac and can buy the gun will be less strain on wallet as wud of already got a lot of the things I need hopefully

Looking to get one myself in a few weeks.

Took a close look at one in the shop and was impressed- no more flimsy than certain 'Black gun' replicas etc.

Pretty much all the reviews have stated that it will stay on Zero using the mechanism for locking the two parts together- couldnt think that Ruger would design and market something thst would not stay accurate especially in for the Litagatious US market?

Lots of youtube vids out there and some nice vids on adding a Butler Creek folding stock, if only I could find a supplier of Butler Creek in the UK as Midway do not list the folding version.

Will let you know my findings......

• 3 weeks later...

Right.

I promised a report when I received/used my Ruger Take-Down an here it is short and sweet......

Love it, mounted a scope and of to Bisley we went... 50m and grouping was under 3/4" which for me is great esp as the scope is 30years old 4*40 ASI thing (all that I had laying around).

Have both the standard and 25rnd BX Ruger mags, was shooting Remington Subsonics in anticipation of fitting a moderator.

Dis-assembled and refitted as per the instructions and it held Zero no problem.

In 200rnds I had 3 stove pipes whereby the cases split and would not eject---- really simple to remove on this as you just release the barrel and the breach is fully accessible.

Love placing it in the car in its discreet little bag.

Hope this helps?

Jay

Right.

I promised a report when I received/used my Ruger Take-Down an here it is short and sweet......

Love it, mounted a scope and of to Bisley we went... 50m and grouping was under 3/4" which for me is great esp as the scope is 30years old 4*40 ASI thing (all that I had laying around).

Have both the standard and 25rnd BX Ruger mags, was shooting Remington Subsonics in anticipation of fitting a moderator.

Dis-assembled and refitted as per the instructions and it held Zero no problem.

In 200rnds I had 3 stove pipes whereby the cases split and would not eject---- really simple to remove on this as you just release the barrel and the breach is fully accessible.

Love placing it in the car in its discreet little bag.

Hope this helps?

Jay

Great report thanks Jaymo, as soon as the envelope drops on the mat I will be off to buy one of these. They look like a great piece of engineering. Take downs are a great way of avoiding prying eyes from a security point of view.

• 3 weeks later...