Sky TV Joke

countryman

We're still waiting for our phone line after 2 months, moved house a week ago but thought I'd get everything organised early. Phoned Sky at the end of November to move everything over and was told there's not a phone line in the house (there is) so new line provision, earliest date . . . . . . Jan 28th!!!.

Phoned Talk Talk and Plusnet and they said 2 weeks, rang Sky again and they said it was because Openreach aren't allocating them enough slots so cancelled my package and had to argue to avoid early termination costs (only had the combined broadband/tv/phone for 4 months), eventually they agreed that as they couldn't provide service for 2 months this was unacceptable.

Moved to Plusnet and big surprise they now say Jan 25th for a line so hopefully will have it sorted this week and broadband back next week.

had a similiar thing with sky a good few years ago, signed up for all three tv,broadband & phone ( the main reason was the unlimited broadband ) I got the tv, ( which in reality is mainly repeats after 6 months ) got the phone and didnt get the broadband, even though the guy checked when i signed up no probs, I told the sky guy that I was moving to a new propety and it was set up to start when I just moved in, on trying to get the broadband set up was told it wasnt avialable in my are, told them that the guy had checked and it was no probs just phone up when you get your phone line up and running just phone them, so informed them that either a or b was lying and also c my brother lived round the corner and he had sky broadband no probs, so spot the liar. In the end got told wouldnt get broadband for at least 6 months told them to shove the lot, wouldnt touch sky even if they where offering the lot free for two years, no thanks **** turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

NEVER WILL TOUCH SKY AGAIN.

We're still waiting for our phone line after 2 months, moved house a week ago but thought I'd get everything organised early. Phoned Sky at the end of November to move everything over and was told there's not a phone line in the house (there is) so new line provision, earliest date . . . . . . Jan 28th!!!.

Phoned Talk Talk and Plusnet and they said 2 weeks, rang Sky again and they said it was because Openreach aren't allocating them enough slots so cancelled my package and had to argue to avoid early termination costs (only had the combined broadband/tv/phone for 4 months), eventually they agreed that as they couldn't provide service for 2 months this was unacceptable.

Moved to Plusnet and big surprise they now say Jan 25th for a line so hopefully will have it sorted this week and broadband back next week.

TBH i can see where the issue is and its nothing to do with the core TV broadcast platform side of things a mate had similar issues (never even got phone line, this was down to Sky/openreach he got virgin with 2 weeks cancelled sky phone and broadband and they accepted it....(i guess they get a lot of similar calls)

had a similiar thing with sky a good few years ago, signed up for all three tv,broadband & phone ( the main reason was the unlimited broadband ) I got the tv, ( which in reality is mainly repeats after 6 months ) got the phone and didnt get the broadband, even though the guy checked when i signed up no probs, I told the sky guy that I was moving to a new propety and it was set up to start when I just moved in, on trying to get the broadband set up was told it wasnt avialable in my are, told them that the guy had checked and it was no probs just phone up when you get your phone line up and running just phone them, so informed them that either a or b was lying and also c my brother lived round the corner and he had sky broadband no probs, so spot the liar. In the end got told wouldnt get broadband for at least 6 months told them to shove the lot, wouldnt touch sky even if they where offering the lot free for two years, no thanks **** turpin had the decency to wear a mask.

NEVER WILL TOUCH SKY AGAIN.

Fair enough but if you want sports until recently it was a monopoly for those not in cabled areas to have to go to sky now you can go for BT Vision and get sports (sky and ESPN)

...Joining in a bit late here, but just to add my bit:

Hahaha, so you're slating Sky for not knowing that you had a tree in the way. I hardly think it's their fault oh and I'm pretty certain that their terms state that they need a clear line of sight to the sky (at a 30 degree angle) to install a dish. If you didn't read the terms, then it's your fault.

Personally, I don't let them install dishes - its best done yourself. They want to run cables where they're told to, not where you want them.

Sadly for you, you're in the wrong, not Sky.

All that being said - Sky are over at mine on Sunday to run the telephone line for me, so I'll post my rant when my karma has come to bite me on the backside.

Edited by Billy.