Racing pigeon

dazzyboi

No im not about to shoot it,lol, 2 days ago i was driving home from work, and i spotted a single racing pigeon sitting on a telephone pole, i thought "it must of got lost"

2 days later, its still sitting there in exactly the same place, like it hasnt moved.

Is this normal?

Is it alive? :good:

Useless racing pigeon go missing all the time, nothing but a ferral with a ring on its foot then. If a bird doesn't come straight home right away its probably useless to the owner, I know blokes who just wring their necks if they ever do make it home.

It doesn't sound like a "racing" pigeon, more of a "sitting still" pigeon. :good:

Probably a feral on its favourite perch.

Its defenatly a racing pigeon as i see them all the time im guessing its somewhere near the route.

I was thinking the same thing about the superglue

:lol:

Yeh it is alive as i seen its head move when i drove past it this morning.

Is it alive? ;)

Useless racing pigeon go missing all the time, nothing but a ferral with a ring on its foot then. If a bird doesn't come straight home right away its probably useless to the owner, I know blokes who just wring their necks if they ever do make it home.

The pigeon probably knows this !!! :good::lol:;)

Does it have a ring on? a yellow ring will indicate that it was bred in 06 and therefore it could be a lost youngster who can't find its way home.

At this time of year, alot of fanciers - like myself are cleaning out the stock lofts after the racing season and moults...alot of stock birds are prisoners and do not fly out......if they escape..they cant get disorientated and turn feral in no time all............and yes sounds like a cliche but I actively shoot pigeons but love breeding and racing them to! in fact I have a race team of about 40 birds....and about 25 pure white busshaert rapido's which I use for my company 'Serene Dream White Dove Releases' providing releases for weddings funerals, memorials and concerts etc. (did you like the plug!!!....) for more info pm me!!

If the bird will come down to hand, pm me the no- on the ring and I will locate the owner through the RPRA for you :good:

How do you know its definitely a racing pigeon and not a feral ?

A rogue racing pigeon can goe feral but is still in essence a racing pigeon..... they do strange things to for example.....

I once lost a beautiful belgium cock...a distinctive blue bar with white flights and a white head....magificent he was.....I bought him as stock from germany and he'd never flown out......

one day I was down the high st with my wive, and spotted it feeding with loads of mucky steel works ferals..still looking good, as his superior genetics presented him much larger than his new friends...I bought a bag of corn and tried to catch him to no avail...in the end I gave up......four yeras went by..and I used to see him regularly in the town centre.....

One dayI heard a row coming from the loft..upon inspection I saw a frantic battle going on between two cock birds trying to drive each other out of one of the nest boxes.........It was only the Belgi cock who had returned..dropped into the stall trap and back to his old box!!!!!....I quarantined him for a couple of months and treated him for all the usual nasties...and let him back in...and he is as happy as ever....Normally he would have been in the bin...but I didn't have the heart after he came home.