Broke shotgun ( HELP ! )

Claytons Guns

I'm in need of a bit of help here guys.

I was at kelbrook today and after 100 or so shots my shotgun failed to fire it's second shot, I've just got home and stripped it down to find the striker ( Hammer ) Has snapped

I need to source a spare now to fix it but i'm not having much luck, so i thought some of you guys might be able to help.

It's a winchester model 91, 12G, O/U, Fixed choke.

Any help welcome

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the move, I wasnt sure where to put this. Bit obvious now !! :good:

Steve

Ahh the winchester model 91 pin conundrum........ how many times have these ******* let people down when out hunting or halfway through a comp.

Best replaced outright with the following, part no STK1-Y. Comes as a complete asy. Available in all good outdoors.

Much better

Cheers

post-1306-1161373257.jpg :good:

Funny laurona should be mentioned, One of the guys at my club tonight turns up with a shotgun he's just bought " A Laurona " when he takes it out of the bag it's almost identical to my winchester ( I remember someone telling me laurona made these for winchester ) So without haste i nicked it off him and stripped it down.

And there it was, An identical striker !

So i'm on the lookout for a winchester or laurona striker now.

Steve

The Winchester 91 was made by Laurona. Had one many years ago and regret getting rid, despite buying many, many more expensive guns. Tony Kennedy Guns, in Cornwall, imported Lauronas - so might be able to help. Chris Showler in America stocks spares for the 101 not 91.

If that fails ring Ian - 0795 2630115 - Gunsmith. If you are in the North West - north of Manchester - he is local. Stensby, Shudehill, Manchester - make anything and not bad price wise.