Ordered new Qashqai Acenta 1.6 Petrol 2WD. Good for dirt roads?

lewis2012

Hi all after struggling for several months getting the car seats in and out of my Citroen DS3 1.6 THP i went out and ordered a new qashqai. Will be used for mainly communting to work, shopping etc but on my permission it has a nice gritty track road that goes up to a lovely place where charlie has been seen :) So i figured id go up 1 night with a mate, put bait out and shoot from the qashqai.

I wanted to know how good is the qashqai on dirt roads? Theres no bogs so shouldnt have a problem anyone else use qashqai for same uses? Yes i know its not a land rover etc before someone offers me alternative lol.

Cheers all

Lewis

They have around 200mm of ground clearance so more than a car, and providing the ground isn't too steep, deeply rutted or muddy, and has a decent bed then should be ok, the added height should help too mate, but if the going gets tough it will be no better than a fwd car.

Kind regards

Jonathan

My father decided on one of these but couldnt be bothered to test drive so I did it. The 1.6 petrol model (cant remember the spec but was quite high) was, IMHO absolutely c rap!!

I then drove the 1.5 diesel...a completely different story.

It just felt so much better and having read the MPG stats etc thats what he got.

He has been over the moon with it. I have used it a few times and although I would not take it to some of my shoots (thats what the L200 and frontera are for) it coped fine on some slightly bumpy tracks and across some grass verges due to the slightly higher ground clearance and decent tyres.

All in all I would say its a good vehicle but not for any kind of off roading.

Edd

The 1.5 diesel is basically the Renault engine that has been in use for well over a decade, in various guises and cars/vans. Mrs P has a 2004 Kangoo van with the same engine in (less a couple of more recent emission control wotsits), and it is a very good engine.

The 1.5 diesel is basically the Renault engine that has been in use for well over a decade, in various guises and cars/vans. Mrs P has a 2004 Kangoo van with the same engine in (less a couple of more recent emission control wotsits), and it is a very good engine.

I got my missus a brand new Nissan Juke 1.5Dci 12 months back. It was a toss up between that & the Qashquai. After driving both I prefered the way the Juke drove, although have to say when I first saw it I thought it was horrible and prefered the looks of the qashqai. However, she liked it, so thats what we got. We got the Nissan connect pack with it, so you got nice sat nav, bluetooth music streaming and reversing camera.

I have to say now, after 12 months of ownership and about 25,000 miles. I love it. The looks have grown on me and I prefer how it looks now to the Qashqai. The engine really really loosened up after about 5000 miles and the car became a real fun car to drive. Its nippy, although you do get mega turbo lag at low revs - so rather than keep it in 2nd as you go onto roundabouts, you have to either slip the clutch or drop it into 1st. It even handles pretty well when driving it hard on the back roads.

This last few weeks when we had snow, my BMW coupe couldnt get off the driveway and was a total nightmare to drive. However, in the missus juke, we had no problems getting off the drive and I was really surprised at how much grip it had for a fwd car.

Like most modern diesels the fuel economy isnt as good as older diesels, we get about 48mpg most weeks out of it. All in all, its been a good buy. When we first got it, they were pretty rare but now you see more and more of them.

Only thing ive not been impressed with is Nissan`s customer service. Ive had bad experiences at all 3 garages ive been to with the Juke and my previous Nissan.

Edited by jackinbox99