Anybody used guaranteed rental schemes?

v5uk

I was wondering if anybody had any experience of using a guaranteed rental scheme?

Im planning to leting out my house shortly and am tempted by northwoods guaranteed rental scheme.

Obviously they offer a slightly lesser rental income than if we had tenants in there ourselves but are there any other disadvantages??

Cheers Steve

I was wondering if anybody had any experience of using a guaranteed rental scheme?

Im planning to leting out my house shortly and am tempted by northwoods guaranteed rental scheme.

Obviously they offer a slightly lesser rental income than if we had tenants in there ourselves but are there any other disadvantages??

Cheers Steve

When my mate rented his house through a similar scheme they made him do loads of compulsory upgrades and safety checks to his house first (new gas cooker, decorating, new kitchen door, new lights in several rooms etc.).

All in all, it cost a few thousand. They keep all the rental income 'til that's paid off. Then, as you said, you get lower than you would have done renting privately.

Make the place look respectable, go with a decent lettings agent and it'll be off the market in no time.

The rentals market is going mental at the moment, you don't need a scheme which will leave you with less than you deserve.

My last flat was on the market for 72 hours.

Edited by Billy.

We used rooftops to let ours out...no real issues but we then decided to do it ourselves and my mrs rents it to her cousin....only problem he's a scruffy so and so....

He just doesn't clean up after himself and with him being family I can't go round and tell him to sort his act out...but he pays on time every month..