Browning 725 loose fore end

rich_morris

Hi All, Having had my 725 for a couple of months now, and only having put a couple hundred shots through it, I notice that the fore end is very slightly loose. Has anybody else noticed this? The catch is very tight, and maybe not worn in yet - it doesn't spring back easily. There is a very slight and imperceptible looseness to the fore end. You cannot feel it move, or see it, but there is a slight 'knock' of you force it to the side. Not noticed whilst shooting, but whilst handling and cleaning with the gun on its side. Any ideas?

Edited by rich_morris

Is there a slight gap between the wood and barel allowing it to move slightly.

My beretta has and it don't bother me,most guns will have very slight movement of the wood to barel when shot.

Shoot some more carts and see how it goes, you say the forend catch is tight so the metalwork so is doing its job,the wood is only for comfort to stop burning your hand.

Figgy

Is there a slight gap between the wood and barel allowing it to move slightly.

My beretta has and it don't bother me,most guns will have very slight movement of the wood to barel when shot.

Shoot some more carts and see how it goes, you say the forend catch is tight so the metalwork so is doing its job,the wood is only for comfort to stop burning your hand.

Figgy

- No discernible gap. The wood to metal fit is pretty good all round. I almost wonder if it is too tight in some place, and not sitting quite as well as it could in another - maybe why the catch is too tight.