Can you mix crow and pigeon decoys?

Alecheywood

this question was asked a few months ago.....my personal view is that i always take one crow decoy with me and put it 25-40 yards away from the pattern, i think pigeons feel secure when they see a crow nearby as they are such a whiley bird......birds use each other as alarms...you just need to see and hear it in your garden........

So the pigeon passing by think, hmmmm not so sure about those plasticy pigeon, don't look right somehow....................wait a minuuuuuuuuute, is that wily ole crow sat just 15 or so yards to the left...................he's never wrong, I'm avin dinner me. :rolleyes:

Would you use a few pigeon decoys just to the side if you went crow decoying?

So the pigeon passing by think, hmmmm not so sure about those plasticy pigeon, don't look right somehow....................wait a minuuuuuuuuute, is that wily ole crow sat just 15 or so yards to the left...................he's never wrong, I'm avin dinner me. :rolleyes:

Would you use a few pigeon decoys just to the side if you went crow decoying?

Yup. Decoy crows in a farm yard fairly often and have half a dozen pigeons out to the side. Do I think it attracts more crows? Nope but it certainly pulls the odd pigeon and feral lol.

Karpman