jeep

darren m

opinions on jeep please ,

models cherokee , grande , etc 2.5TD also think they do a 3.1TD , sorry dont really know the model names of these motors

my mrs is looking for a towing vechile other than a landy ( which shes replacing ) and as seen a few of these for sale at reasonable prices

thanks

opinions on jeep please ,

models cherokee , grande , etc 2.5TD also think they do a 3.1TD , sorry dont really know the model names of these motors

my mrs is looking for a towing vechile other than a landy ( which shes replacing ) and as seen a few of these for sale at reasonable prices

thanks

i believe these are thirsty. id go for a landy anyday.

Grand Cherokees had a 2.5 Italian VM engine up to year 2000 then had a 3.1 VM engine until 2002 when it got the Mercedes 2.7 CRD 5 cylinder, more powerful and better economy.

Cherokees had the 2.5 VM engine until shape change in 2001 when a newer version of the VM engine was fitted with an option of 2.5 or 2.8 CRD

Petrol engine cars are great but thirsty.

Rear diffs are a weak point but can be rebuilt by a decent mechanic if changing the oil doesn't work.

I deal in cars and like the Jeeps as they show good value for money. (not trying to sell you one of mine btw).

On to my 3rd Grand Cherokee and its the 3l diesel and pretty spot on.Last two were 4l petrols and drank fuel at a shocking rate but im getting around 30mpg now but thats after remapping which is pretty good.The older diesels im nay just sure aboot but the petrols had plenty grunt for towing but as said the mpg is pretty fearsome.Reliability hasnt been much of an issue either,and the one i have now is a 55 plate and last years total for its MOT was one bulb and last week it passed after a set of wiper blades was changed so not bad,especially with the punishment it takes.

Not had a 3.0 Litre yet but drove one when they first came out and was impressed.

Also the on board computer calculates the MPG in US gallons so you need to add a fifth to the read out figure.

On my 4ltr XJ going up hills it could go down to about 8mpg but but then on the bright side going down hill it went up to 95mpg always made me smile that one.

yeah, I factored that extra 20% into my 'thirsty' estimation. WITH the extra 20% I'm getting 17 mpg at the moment. I dropped 1 MPG when I put on the new tires (heavier tread).

I'm hoping to get 1-2 MPG back when I change the oil to synthetic and tune everything up. summer will get me 1 more back. even still, its not great.

rick