Browning cenergy or side by side

Shooterluke

I shoot both , I like using my sxs because its abit of shotgun nostalgia walking through the woods shooting at stuff , but I also use my cynergy for wet weather conditions as its the carbon fibre version so I'm not that fussed if the heavens open on me :lol: . I suppose it's what you intend to use it for ???

A O/U will be more at home in a pigeon hide than a SxS will at the clay range and shooting more than a round may become a painful experience.

Choose a gun on what you want to use it most for , if its clays then go O/U if its mostly pigeon or game the the SxS will be ok , but having said that many more people use a O/U in the hide than they do a SxS now days .

Advantages are a SxS is a bit quicker handling as they normally have shorter barrels , they are also quicker to reload as you don't need to open the action as far.

Disadvantage is they are generally quite light so not the best if you get lots of shooting or want to use heavy loads , most also have 2 /34 chambers .

O/U better all round gun in my opinion , more have 3" chambers most are a bit heavier so absorb recoil better , you are also more likely to get a multi choke gun giving you more options .

Cheers lads i got told the side by side is eaiser to shoot i intend to youse it for clays an rough shooting

I've never heard that s/s is easier to shoot I shoot both and would say they are different but I like to use a s/s on driven/roost and I tend to use o/u for decoying, each to there own. Best bet have a go at both then decide.

Good luck with it

its CYNERGY luke not CENERGY :good:

and its worth what you are willing to spend

my cynergy was £1495.00 but it fits like a glove it is totally unmarked and mint

and im doing 45+ / 50 so somethings right.

some shooters dont like them

but if it fits and swings ok you wont be dissapointed...

Edited by delburt0

Went for the cenergy but thought was a bit dear wooden stock had scaratched an dinks in it its 2 year old do your think 1550 is dear for that gun

Put me off when there was a new 725 at the side of it 200 pound more but havent got the money

have you had a look at the composite cynergy abit cheaper on price .