Hello From Taverham, Norfolk

actionman1

Hi all, i have been surfing your site for a while now, and i am overdue to say Hi

I have been shooting a few years now, rekindled my youth with Air Guns at my local Club and went on to shoot .22lr .17HMR and .243 as my permissions have grown.

Last year i got my Shotgun Cert and bought a lamber o/u. I do not have Pigeon/crop type permissions, but i do have a few acres of Grass/Hay fields that i can sometimes manage to decoy a few pigeons on. Sometimes i just have to try and shoot off the flight lines as these fields are close to a large woods.

I only shot a few times last year for Pigeon and had a couple of sessions where i shot 20, but i hope to visit a few local farmers to try and gain access to some crop areas and bag some bigger numbers.

On my permissions i shoot Rabbit, Fox and i am also lucky to have High Seats and a Large hide for overnight stays, i can also take any Deer that i need, but only shoot when the freezer is empty.

But i must say the days i do get on some Pigeons are some of the most rewarding days and this is becoming my Fav quarry. I guess its because it is so different from my Rifle shooting i find it hard keeping the Shotty moving, reading the shots are challenging, i feel that this could become addictive due to the pleasure i get from bagging a few birds.

Anyway back to reading your excellent Forum

Cheers, actionman1

• 4 weeks later...