Help, what gun I have got ?

Schmoo

Hi guys and gals.

I have aquired this Miroku shotgun about a month ago, have since had her reblacked and serviced.

Would anyone here know what model she is ?

I have been told she might be a 600 or a 800, she looks to have been made in the late 60's or early 70's ( so I have been told )

Find attached some pics of when I got her and how she looks now, as she did when she was first made, this may help to prompt some of the maturer members memories !

Thanks Schmoo.

post-34659-0-19322200-1361739629_thumb.jpg

post-34659-0-79364400-1361739643_thumb.jpg

Edited by Schmoo

Who did the work for you and how much did it cost?

Beat me to it jammer600.

Speak to the organ grinder jammer600 directly, very very helpful chap and as you can see very very good at what he does.

1st class job.

As your only local pm me if you want to come and see it first hand.

Regards Schmoo.

Have you tried bwm the importers? They might be able to help schmoo

Thought they made cars !!!!! :lol: :lol:

I will google them and try and get a number for them.

I have tried to email and phone Miroku / Browning 3 times and not had a reply as yet, doubt I will :sad1:

Thanks Schmoo.

Beat me to it jammer600.

Speak to the organ grinder jammer600 directly, very very helpful chap and as you can see very very good at what he does.

1st class job.

As your only local pm me if you want to come and see it first hand.

Regards Schmoo.

Thanks BUT I am at Wittering in the top of Cambridgeshire, not West Wittering! :good:

Its a 600 ,they made the ORE which had a different shaped action.Then they made the 600.

This was followed by the 700 and 800 series with the same shape action as the 600.,the 700 were game guns and the 800 sporters and trap guns.

Thanks for that info Chuck, dont spose you have a spare user manual lying around for it ? :lol:

Schmoo

Based on the pics it looks like my 800

Thanks for you reply and interest Gozzy,

she has leaf spring ejectors in the forend which the RFD said would indicate she might be as old as the 60's.

I have no real experience with shotguns, so wouldn't know if that is the case, but the springs are different in my newer browning that in the older Miroku.

The springs might help to date her or indicate a model number.

Thanks Gozzy.

Proof mark will have a date code.... Serial number can often have a code to year and model too....

Post 1977 they used the browning date codes...

I have a serial number of M387545

If that helps.

The proof mark show it was proofed in Birmingham

It has BNP under a crown followed by <12> 2 3/4" 3 1/4TONS PER [] "

Also has a circle with a H in it nd another circle with SP in it, that is about all I can find, sorry.

That of any help ?

Schmoo

Well as above that means it is pre 1976 there is an inspectors mark iirc which will a date associated to it not exact, the importer at the time may have some records you can email the Birmingham proof house and ask them but get clear photos of the marks first.

A couple of quick points.

I used to have a very similar Miroku which was the 600 model. I happily concede to anyone who knows for definate that yours is a different model. The gun is only proved to 3 1/4 tons so don`t try to use 2 3/4" magnums through it like I did for many years before having that pointed out to me.

Some of these earlier models were, for some inexplicable reason, bored at 740 thou at manufacture. With a bit of use and accompanying barrel wear you would often find, as I did, that the gun was technically out of proof.

They are very well made guns and yours probably has another lifetimes use left in it.