Pigeon decoys into crow

miniross

Hi I have a few old full body decoys that are just cluttering up the cellar and was wanting to change them in to crows its this as simple as spraying them black help appreciated on the matter

Mark

A friend and I started a day’s crow/jackdaw shooting with just what you have...

We added about 20 shot birds on a mix of 3 floaters and kebab sticks, also had 1 crow on a rotary doing around 6/8 rpm.

It was in the summer on laid barley so a lot of natural cover was added to the hide…but we did get 135!

TEH

I just sprayed some half pigeon shells matt black before I bought pukka crow decoys. I've even shoved pigeon half shells into the cut up legs of a pair of tights, thick ones mind 60 denier and that's worked to bring them in. A Primos crow caller, the orange coloured one, can't think of the model name will bring them in from a distance so they spot the decoys.

Any suggestions in type of paint and is it just a case of painting the whole decoy black or do you need to add a few other markings on the beak and other bits just to make more realistic ??

You should of killed it by the time it would have worked out it is a decoy from your shed with blackboard paint on it!!

Add the shot ones!!

TEH

Had an hour on Thursday as got finished at work early took the dog with me for her first proper outing she still needs alit if work but aw ain't Hun shy and that's a good starting point lol. Any way used a few old socks and had a good hour ended up with four they seemed to work a dream that was with out my caller as well as it still hasn't turned up in the post :-(

Cheers everyone for the tips

Mark