AHHHHHH NO Brakes

Spaniel

The wife had a job interview to go to last week, so it was a bit out of the way so offered to drive her.

off we went and just before we arrived the truck (Pajero LWB 2.8TD) was making a bit of a noise etc, red light came on, so once i dropped her off i had a look around the truck.

I noticed one of the pads to the rear wheels was missing.....now i have never seen anything like this before as all of the rest of the pads looked very good.

To say I was squeezing my cheeks together coming home was an understatement, the brake pressure went really low, had to stick it into 2nd gear (Auto box) there was enough to hold the car, but god i dont want to be in that position again.

Just glad that I was driving and not the Wife...

I have the Pajero booked into the garage tomorrow morning, i just want it checked out as i dont understand how one of the pads have come away, maybe its the brake calliper as well, but rather be safe then sorry..

Anyone ever had this before, maybe its a Pajero thing.....

Took my Astra to a Garage to have new brake pipes on the front! Picked up the car and the brakes felt soft! Told the guy I.was a bit concerned but got told the usual crepe about "it will improve"

Anyway! Took a few trips out n about and one day hit a huge steep bank with Me, SWMBO and the Kids all in the car! Went to brake and the pedal hit the floor! I mean NOTHING. I pumped the pedal dropped a few gears and used the kerb for drag. Eventually got onto soft grass slowed the car and eventually came to a stop.

Got the car lifted and brought home. Put a self bleeder on, opened the bleed nipple and I kid you not there was nothing but air for over 10 seconds. I ended up pumping t he brake pedal to help.the fluid through! Eventually I got the fluid to the nipples and nipped them up. Brake pedal nice and solod again like it used to be. I was having a chat with a Mechanic one day and he said that it was air trapped in the ABS pump.

Bloody scarey.

Took my Astra to a Garage to have new brake pipes on the front! Picked up the car and the brakes felt soft! Told the guy I.was a bit concerned but got told the usual crepe about "it will improve"

Anyway! Took a few trips out n about and one day hit a huge steep bank with Me, SWMBO and the Kids all in the car! Went to brake and the pedal hit the floor! I mean NOTHING. I pumped the pedal dropped a few gears and used the kerb for drag. Eventually got onto soft grass slowed the car and eventually came to a stop.

Got the car lifted and brought home. Put a self bleeder on, opened the bleed nipple and I kid you not there was nothing but air for over 10 seconds. I ended up pumping t he brake pedal to help.the fluid through! Eventually I got the fluid to the nipples and nipped them up. Brake pedal nice and solod again like it used to be. I was having a chat with a Mechanic one day and he said that it was air trapped in the ABS pump.

Bloody scarey.

I'm afraid i would have bled the nipples of the monkey who told you it will improve. :yes:

New caliper, pads and drum being fitted today

The old caliper is so bad the supplier will not accept so there is a surcharge to pay

I wont say how much this is costing as im trying to put it out of my head, but i am crying at present :sad1:

If you could all have a quick whip around for me that would be great :good: