one for the ballistic gurus

You really need to shoot a series through a chrony to give you a better idea, depends also on length of barrel etc. I recently ran some Eley subs through the chrony and they were no where near the stated figure. Eley say 1065ft, Chrony (and field tests) tests showed 1020ft. It's not really a problem for me, they are very accurate and consistent in my rifle and to be honest a rabbit at 70yds doesn't really know if he's having his ears cleaned out with a bullet at 70 or 80ftlbs.

You really need to shoot a series through a chrony to give you a better idea, depends also on length of barrel etc. I recently ran some Eley subs through the chrony and they were no where near the stated figure. Eley say 1065ft, Chrony (and field tests) tests showed 1020ft. It's not really a problem for me, they are very accurate and consistent in my rifle and to be honest a rabbit at 70yds doesn't really know if he's having his ears cleaned out with a bullet at 70 or 80ftlbs.

Exactly, does it really matter, the answer to your question is that the differance would be minimal, there are so many other variables, especially with barrel length. Its reliable ammo and if your gun is zeroed for that ammo then so be it. I find cci's alway shoot a tad higher in my .22lr but I will always check zero when changing ammunition. As for the Hawke ballastic programme, use it as a guide but do your own testing at differant ranges. When I test a new load in centrefire I find that faster loads can be lower, to the right or left, its the consistant acuracy I'm after ie group size, just zero with what your using. :good:

Edited by Redgum