"But the wife likes..........."

cocker boy

Following on from some earlier threads i thought i would start a fresh one. Why do so many posts contain "but the wife likes....? when asking about the pro`s and con`s of a particular breed?. A "theoretical" man states his shooting is 8 saturdays a year stood at a peg on a driven shoot and the rare trip out in a pigeon hide. He then states he has not got a vast amount of training time each week and wants a calm dog around the place for when he is not there. He asks "what dog would be best suited to my requirements?". Every one screams back "labrador would be perfect, they are the perfect breed for you". He then comes back on with "but the wife likes the look of a Bolivian crocodile hunting running dog( that needs vast amounts of training and are super hyper active) and someone on the internet says they can retrieve so we are getting one". I just dont get it?. If you needed a vehicle to go off road in, cart the kids , dogs, camping equipment bale of hay etc etc and got free diesel from work you would buy a defender 110. You would not buy a 6 litre 2 seat zonda would you?.

Following on from some earlier threads i thought i would start a fresh one. Why do so many posts contain "but the wife likes....? when asking about the pro`s and con`s of a particular breed?. A "theoretical" man states his shooting is 8 saturdays a year stood at a peg on a driven shoot and the rare trip out in a pigeon hide. He then states he has not got a vast amount of training time each week and wants a calm dog around the place for when he is not there. He asks "what dog would be best suited to my requirements?". Every one screams back "labrador would be perfect, they are the perfect breed for you". He then comes back on with "but the wife likes the look of a Bolivian crocodile hunting running dog( that needs vast amounts of training and are super hyper active) and someone on the internet says they can retrieve so we are getting one". I just dont get it?. If you needed a vehicle to go off road in, cart the kids , dogs, camping equipment bale of hay etc etc and got free diesel from work you would buy a defender 110. You would not buy a 6 litre 2 seat zonda would you?.

I suspect half are wind-ups, the other half wearing those rose tinted specs and reading the breed club page. But heck I would still buy the Zonda :lol: