Beretta 682 E Sporter - wood quality?

Glenshooter

I'm looking for one of these for my lad and there seems to be quite a variation in the wood quality. Is this just normal variation in a natural product or are these shotguns sold with different 'Grades' of wood in a similar way to Brownings. I don't see any mention of grades when looking at ads or in shops.

There seem to be quite a few S/H examples at the £1500-1650 price bracket, is there anything with these that one should be particularly careful about?

Thanks.

If you are referring to the 682 Gold E model then most guns in the £1200 s/h bracket are likely to have been well used and a bit floppy on opening. £1500 should get you a really good hardly used example, particularly if a private sale. As others have said, wood quality seems to be very much down to pot luck. Good luck with the search.

G.S.

As has been said, the wood is regarded as one grade by Beretta, if you bought one from a gunshop that did a lot of business with the importers some very good wood could be found for a particular weapon!

I have a couple of stocks put away for a rainy day, contact me via P.M. and I could photograph them and send you the shots, with a view to selling one of them.

Cheers

T.C.