More Snow

andypaint

Parts of ruralSouth Co. Antrim are at a standstill. Roads closed and events cancelled. Probably no more than 8 inches of snow but it is being blown off the fields and drifting onto the roads.And its still snowing.

Ive just locked myself in for the night!

Well after a day of snow on and off. I can now say here in Wrexham we have 16 inches of snow lying and drifts of up to 36 inches. And it's still snowing. All roads are now impassable mainly due to the gritters have had accidents and out of action. I've got a fourtrak with grabber at2 on and finding it difficult to drive in. Just waiting to see what tomorrow brings.

i had to get towed by my mate ed in his tractor to the a55 near cearwys this morning to get to to work near rhyl. lucky we have got a few pool cars in work which consist of landrovers and shoguns so i pinched a shogun to come home in. first time iv driven a 4x4 in the snow and god it was fun. the wife is not happy shes got a 12 hour shift 2moz and thought she might not get there but now shes got no excuse. iv got a sat all to myself, think il go to the farm!

Been snowing constantly since 5am friday here in Huddersfield. Most roads were clear enough to drive safely by lunchtime but soon covered over again. Just got back from Manc airport and the whole ring road, main routes to the motorway etc are all covered with cars struggling. Dropped the in laws at home and had a good foot easy of snow to get through on their private road. AT2's managed easily though. :-D

My hedgerows have 15 feet of snow in them, fields are covered by more than a foot.Got the snowmobile stuck this morning. Possibly the worst winter for snow in 30 years. Greys and deer taking a hit. Deer are feeding with cattle cause there is nothing else available.Coyotes and fox are doing fine.

Taken the dog out for his morning ablutions and found we have almost the promised 8" and that after a thaw and more blizzards last night.

It seems to be above freezing as I awoke to a very high wind noise and wondered how bad it must be since we have effective double G all over. It was the snow sliding off the roof - what a noise ! Couldnt get out on to the bedroom balcony this morning must be well over 12 " there. I just wonder at the flooding all this snow melting will cause - I live on the top of the highest ground east of Chester so I am unaffected but Chester is going to get hit methinks.

Waiting for formula one on the I - player, satellite dish is covered in snow, soaked and not working - another day in on the computer.

Just as well I am retired - I wonder where the pigeons will be today with no crops showing - maybe that roost will be worth a visit if I can get out ??????