diggers

Paddy Galore!

Pretty easy mate if I remember correctly righ hand stick left and right curl bucket in and out and forward and back are to extend your dipper arm .forward and back on left stick is for the main arm and left and right spin you round I haven't drove one for a while but something tells me that the stick are the other way round if you get what i mean to drive you've got two levers push both forward for forward and back for back and push one forawd to turn but if you spin the other way they are opposite then you've got a lever down the side for the blade which you drop before you start digging and then one pedal on the floor or some have two which skews the main arm round

Hope you get some of that

Rgds scott

Learning to master the controls of a 360 is pretty easy. Learning to work with one, safely, cleanly, quickly is another matter, especially on steep ground. The bigger the machine the easier it is to operate smoothly. 3/4 tonners are like jerky insects and you can't grade with them very well because most can't manage three movements at once.

Very small slews with no cabs can be dangerous for a novice. They have no weight. Get the bucket teeth caught and you can catapult yourself clean out of the seat grabbing live levers as you go past.

If you're going to hire one to play with get an experienced driver to show you the ropes. And keep away from buildings, especially other peoples! :oops:

They're not to bad to learn and teach urself (to a basic standard) as long as u have plenty of room, keep the rev's down thou and the smaller the machine the more jumpy and quickier to respond and the 1-1.5T machines can roll quite easily, BE CAREFUL. Actually far easily to learn in a bigger machine

Work with the door closed and seat belt on, i rolled one on top of me once, fell out the door seen it coming towards me it luckly hit the dumper on way down which gave me enough time to somehow jump in and stick head and body out the front window, a very very lucky boy.

Get a five tonne machine and a big empty field. Soon as you realise what each lever does dont think to hard about what you are doing. As said small machines will jerk about and are a pig to learn in. Master one control at a time, grading is an art,arm in, curl bucket whilst arm goes up so three moves in one. Never forget when you swing the cab through 180, many an accident caused by people tracking the wrong way. Slow and gentle is the way to go. Final bit of advice ~ if its going over DO NOT try to leave the safety of the cab. Its steel. You aint