Anybody going to Kelmarsh ?

bigman

After the last two years being a complete waste of time and money I won't bother again, shame really as its only a couple of mile down the road

I'm sure it's not that bad Iv been a few time before I found it ok ,

Somthing to do and have a good feel of some guns ,

at £14 per person to get in i will give it a miss not much going on not worth the money

Gets you out of the house thou :-)

The problem is that Countryman charge the exhibitors too much for a stand, so the quality exhibitors stay away. The visitors get very little in the way of value for money so don't come back next year. There are not enough punters, so the traders do no money...so they stop exhibiting. Eventually, the show just dies.

I went on Sunday with the family. My kids are 8 and 11 and enjoyed it. It is not bad for a family day out as there is a selection of things to see and do. It should simply be called a country fair though really. The emphasis on 'game and shooting' should really be considered false advertising. Lots of clothing for sale, usual selection of deerhunter kit on many stands, ryedale and Warwickshire clothing had large stands. Lots of wellies and boots for sale.

Not a shooting fair though, I didn't see a single shotgun for sale. In fact the only thing i saw was a brocock stand with a few air rifles on it. Gunmakers row simply didn't exist; I walked over to the clay shoot competition wondering if anything was over there, but to no avail. Not even cartridges or basic shooting accessories anywhere to be seen.

AA decoys had a very good stand; I bought a rotary pigeon magnet for £45 amongst other things.

Overall I would say it is useless for a shooters event; stick to the midland and cla. This is more of a general family day out.

I was working there today. Load of rubbish that's my expert opinion.

I have been going there for 6/7 years helping some friends of mine selling bison and venison burgers, we are very lucky as we always do a good trade.

But I feel very sorry for a lot of the trade stands. Years ago it was a good show but steadily it has declined each year.

I don't get it as there is a huge air rifle competition, why O why don't they get a traders with air rifle and products to exhibit, I mean it's an international course. It could bet great. I mean not even a decent gun trader any wear, if I wanted to buy a stick one on every corner.

Then there are the cheap nasty burger bars from a large company, get local products and producers in. The problem is its dying and the the good traders won't come and wait there money. The organisers tell traders that 35/40,000 people come every year, I know of 4 stalls that did not even turn up as other traders call and told them not to bother.

It's such a shame as it could be a great country fair as its one of the first in the year. But I can see more country looking out my window onto the park.

Rant over

Andrew