A1 decoys pigeon starter pack

Winge01

Started myself not long ago and bought gear seperately, some from internet and some from local gunshop. My personal experience with A1 was they gave me a good fast reliable delivery and the product I bought (cam net) I was happy with.

Before you buy the pack you might want to find out from them what type the net is : see through ( the shops call it clear view but you can see throught it) or stealth cam net

which is stronger / thicker . You also need to ask them the size of the net ie how long and how wide. You don't want to end up with a net that is the size of a tea-towel and about as much good as a candy floss door knocker. The other thing you want to ask is what pattern the net is in and colour. ie is it woodland pattern (green ) is it oak pattern

( light browns and deep orange) or is it harvest (yellow- ish) as the name gives you a clue.

I would suggest you need a net big enough to be able a/ to do the job and b/ give you room in the hide.

Mine are 4 and 5 metres long but there are more knowledgable guns on here who will be able to help on that score

The decoys look ok , but don't forget to give them a coat of matt paint before you use them ( they shine when wet or if sun is really bright.....yeah does shine sometimes here in uk). You can get sample pots of paint from Homebase B&Q etc and they cost a couple of quid each plus a couple of kiddies painting brushes from the pound shop. Take you about an hour to do 10 decoys and that hour will be well repaid with results.Take one of the decoys with you to choose the colours and don't forget to make sure the white is kept nice and bright.

As I have said my experience with A1 was just that A1 but there are other companies who are not good ( ie send you part of the order and not the other part for about 5/6 weeks as it's "out of stock) I had that with a company from Wigan ( look it up and don't get caught) I got all that I paid foe eventually but who needs the agro?

Hope this helps a bit / good luck

Hi

Hey everyone , I am very new to pigeon shooting and having been out with some friends using their stuff I am about to buy Some of my own gear and wandered what everyone thought about the starter kit that a1 decoys do ?

Thanks a lot
Winge

Hi Mate think most decoy suppliers will give you a quote on kits. Iv'e had some good kit and price off The pigeon shooter. :good: ATB Terry

Ive just bought this kit to add to my other pigeon decoys. The net is 4 meters long by 1.5m tall with 4x telescopic good quality hide poles. The pigeons seen to be of high quality with some pigeons with feet and the rest are shells. The shells have two position holes for either head up or head down"feeding".

I will be using this set tommorow so will report back on how the day goes but all in all the starter kit looks pretty good. The list of things you could buy seems endless but for starters just go with the kit and add dead birds to the pattern. For this I use neck props which work well and are very cheap.

Pigeon magnets and flappers all work well but these can be added later as they are not cheap and in my opinion not realy needed if your just starting out.