Privacy screen for windows

steve_b_wales

My kitchen windows face out towards the back of some 2 storey houses, and also towards next door's raised patio. I'm sick of people, and next doors kids, looking over the wall into our kitchen, and would like to put some mirrored type screen on the glass to create some privacy 9although I realise that this only works in daylight. Can anyone recommend a company that sells this product?

Steve.

Ask around at your local glaziers, I found a local company in this way. As you say, it only works in daylight. It takes ages to fit properly and remove all air bubbles and it does darken the room somewhat, you'll need to balance the degree of privacy wanted against the amount of light you're prepared to lose.

I fitted this film to a garden office and, ten years on, its still doing its job.

net curtains?

We don't want to use net curtains.

Car window tinting company might do it for you but size might be a issue...

Can't you use blinds?? If upvc u can get ones that fit nicely on the windows and look part of the window??

Or conifers/Laylande about 20ft tall lol

We have blinds fitted, which are used at night.

What about a higher fence, or some hedging ?

The only tinting I have seen on windows has seriously affected the light in the room.

One friend had the full reflective film fitted (not cheap) and eventually had to remove it.

The best bet if you want to go down the tinting/film route, is to find a supplier and then ask if they have any samples of work done, so that you can see it in situ.

This is the type of film I'm looking for, but would like to know if anyone else has fitted this before, and how much did it reduce the amount of light coming into the room?

Sorry had forgot to type a response as well. There is a few reviews off people who used it on there, my mam and dad have some fitted on caravan Door windows. It's ok at certain viewing angles in makes no difference as such, but at others you can't see in.

The reviews say it hinders it quite a bit - but i would think you do not need to fit it to the whole window - you could leave 3 inches on each side open which would provide extra light, and still give a fair bit of privacy. I can imagine this being difficult to install though - even without leaving 3 inches on each side. If it were me i'd get a pro in to do it - perhaps someone who does tinted windows on cars.