couldn't hit a barn door :(

Mr Rizzini

Most clays travel in a predictable path….however pigeons tend not too!

Not the best training aid in my opinion..

TEH

I disagree. Clays are the only real way to practice. I learnt how to consistently hit clays which helped no end when it came to getting in the hide. If someone can hit clays consistently, then there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to kill pigeons.

I disagree. Clays are the only real way to practice. I learnt how to consistently hit clays which helped no end when it came to getting in the hide. If someone can hit clays consistently, then there's no reason why they shouldn't be able to kill pigeons.

Best way to practice, become confident with clays then onto the real thing

I have yet to see a clay stop in mid flight turn side ways and then dip down out the pattern and **** off over the hedge!

However if they drift in as a crossing bird all day then that might work....

TEH

I have yet to see a clay stop in mid flight turn side ways and then dip down out the pattern and **** off over the hedge!

However if they drift in as a crossing bird all day then that might work....

TEH

You're quite correct, clays follow a more predictable path. But a lot of birds when crossing in the decoy pattern are very much like skeet targets. I can shoot going away birds well which is partly down to a fair bit of DTL. Driven birds can be practiced on sporting or the high tower. All the skills and experience of shooting clays can be used while pigeon shooting. Obviously it's not quite that simple, and knowing when to shoot a pigeon or how to read what a pigeon is going to do, is something best learned in the hide.