Cynergy and Beretta 68 model's

suggs

thinking of selling my Bettinsoli silverline and buying either a Browning cynergy or a 682E maybe the gold version or a 686 model, not sure about Brownings now as there jap made, anyone own these guns or have a view on them, ive seen new Beretta's at my local RFD for about £1100 so very tempted to have one as Christmas pressie to myself, my silverline is a fixed choke game model although it is a nice gun and was cheap at £425 less than a 1yr old used but mint, just ive now had the chance to shoot better guns and the Bettinsoli just dosent have the same feel as the Beretta's..

cheers

Had two Mirokus 3800(Current), MK38. Had Browning A1, F1(B125), 2 x 325's, 525, Ultra XT and currently a GTi Trap. Forget the "Jap" bit, they are top quality guns. Miroku make all but the dearer Brownings. Mirokus are generally plainer than Brownings, but both will last and hold value. Nothing up with Berettas, but I believe Browning / Miroku are better made and value for money. Not sure about the Synergy's looks - the new 525 Briley looks better.

I have the 682 Gold E myself, i like it, fits me well and got a nice weight to it and balances well. Plus the action always stays nice and clean with a Beretta. Always my choice of gun. If thats £1100 for a 682 Gold E new snap it up.

Gibby

its the standered 682 ive seen for about £1100, if it was the gold it would be in my safe already..lol

also new siverpigeons starting at similar money.

Had two Mirokus 3800(Current), MK38. Had Browning A1, F1(B125), 2 x 325's, 525, Ultra XT and currently a GTi Trap. Forget the "Jap" bit, they are top quality guns. Miroku make all but the dearer Brownings. Mirokus are generally plainer than Brownings, but both will last and hold value. Nothing up with Berettas, but I believe Browning / Miroku are better made and value for money. Not sure about the Synergy's looks - the new 525 Briley looks better.

glad someone stood up for Browning, " jap" made eh , the company Miroku are one of the top gundrilling companies in the world, the quality of machining is 1st class, having both Browning, Miroku and Berreta shotguns, the quality is very even par, as to the top end Brownings being Japanese, i think you;l find it varies from country to country, i know that north American high end Brownings are still Japanese made.

as to the choice of guns you list, both are good well made and sturdy, good quality, the only bad thing i find with the Cynergy is the quality of stock and its high comb, the Berreta i find a little heavey stock side, the mechanics of both are 1st class.

both guns in my opinion are a little overpriced, one would hope you can get hold of a s/h in good shape for a better price.

a second thought add in would be look for a 325/425/525 Browning as an alternate to the 682/686, price should be comparable

Martin

my lad has got a 20b cynergy, nice gun, been fine and the bonus of not much recoil.

the wife bought me a black ice for my birthday, went for it mainly for the look plus the bonus of getting it at a good price. again great for recoil.

yep ive not any problems with the Jap's its just what others have said to me, i have thought about a 525 think im right in saying this model has a slighly deeper body which i like the look of.

ive been told the black ice is the best model to go for in the Cynergy range, although ive not seen that model yet but im not normaly sold on composite stocks.

any views on the Bettinsoli range would be interested in what others think about them..

in general brownings have less depreiciation than say a gold E , but i would think twice about a cynergy unless you have shot one and decided it is the gun for you as they do not appeal to everyone so resale value is not high if you don,t get on with it.

best value for money in my own opinion is a 525 with invector plus barrels.

plinker

not a fan of the cynergy, ive handled a fair number and they just didnt feel nice to me. No disrespect to those who have them because ive seen people shoot great with them, but i found the comb too high, i also didnt like the way they opened and felt the synthetic stock was 'cheap' although it was anything but. However the idea of a synthetic stock on a break barrel is a good one, and the recoil pad should aid to lessen hte recoil considerably.

I personally would never shoot anything other than an MK70 sporter. Never found a gun that suits ME as well as this gun. But it has alot fo drop and will not suit everyone, esspecially if you like the cynergy and beretta (both i find hte combs too high on)

Go into a large gunshop and dry mount at a target every gun you can get your hands on. i did this, the shop owner now hates me as i didnt actually buy the gun i chose from him, but it was a very educating experiance.

yeah im going to pop back to my local shop, i tried out quite a few when i first bought the silverline but at that time i wasnt up on the models, so ill go in and try the 68's and 525's.

im thinking if i cap the limit to about £1100 that should get me a new version of either gun or a better grade used version of the same models.

anyone want to buy a silverline game..lol

cheers :good:

yes Essex Gun is my local shop, i cant recomend them enough especialy Allen, great service. ill probley buy it just before Christmas so have plenty of time to look around when im out shooting and be sure of what i want ..

i came across this shop they seem very cheap, just miles away from me

http://www.laddsguns.com/ladds_sgviewallnew.asp?sort=b

cheers

if you buy a 2nd hand gun they might let you have it on 72 hr loan to try b4 you buy

i tried loads b4 making my mind up

could ask i suppose, i hope to be out shooting some weekends between now and Christmas so should be able to blag a few goes on other peoples guns, i shot a 637 last Sunday and was impressed with it

to be honest i cant see me being dissapointed with a Beretta or Browning, think it will come down to how much im willing to spend, they seem to be about the same price like for like..

H