50 gram cartridges recoil

Hi I have bought a box of 50gram 0's in 12 bore as these were what the guy at the gun shop recommended when I asked what cartridges I should use for a fox! Havent been out to try them out yet but does anyone have any experience with such heavy cartridges, what is the recoil like? thats another 20 grams more than what I usually use on pigeons etc. Just hoping I dont damage my gun...or my shoulder haha

Really depends on what your firing them through and your physical size, myself don't really find there all that more punchy than 36g loads on the shoulder but I am 6ft 4 and 21 stone so I'm assuming that that helps soak it up a fair bit! I prefer express 50g 3s for fox think it patterns a little better than 0s and those few extra pellets do seem to make a difference, but either are a great cartridge and flatten foxes , oh and I'm firing them through an old magtech 586 pump and a Winchester 101 xtr , best of luck with them! Thar

I use 50grm No 3 magnums for fox and as far as I am concerned they are capable of a kick like a mule on steroids.

Not saying they are inevitably painful or anything (as long as you are prepared for it and leaning in) but treat 'em like a clay cartridge and they will hurt for sure! Being over 6ft and 21 stone like Thar has to be a major help of course!

It's all down to a diet of Hereford beef, a life time on the farm and not enough Lambert and butler! Sakoquad is quite right though if your lighter framed lean in to it and hold on tight! If you think there going to slam you they proberly will, test a few first so you know what to expect before you fire them at a fox else when you see him you'll be thinking to much about them kicking you like a Mule then on the fox ,just incase you need a follow up shot,

I use 54g BB for Fox - they do kick a bit more than lighter carts, ( obviously! ), but, whilst I wouldn't want to do a round of clays with them, they aren't horrendous. However, as many of the other posts have said, being "heavily built" helps... I am 6"2", and not thin (!), so ........

Pattern a few, and see how you get on..

ATB :)