Should 'stigma' make a comeback

unapalomablanca

I think it was once a very effective tool, where wider society would show it's disapproval at someones behaviour. Now in this extreme left/liberal society we have become, it's hardly used. Tolerance has been hijacked by scum and authorities have become weak. I say bring it back, lets start taking back our country with the weapons we are allowed.

Regards. una.

What's so bad about having the marks of Christ's crucifixion on your hands?

Ah Stigmata.

Why do people always cite the negative? I am referring to using it, to curb anto-social behaviour, and the like.

Like taking a leak up a dark ally on the way home from the pub you mean ?

Would "Stigma" work, some scrotes actually view an ASBO as a badge of honour! :no:

Might not be the case if the other scrotes all thought they were a bit of a **** for having an asbo. Stigma only really works if its your peers who are stigmatising you.

no, i mean proper ostracisation, no more publc money, turning them into non-people. putting them in special secure compounds and working for private companies free of charge.

Like the Todt organisation did on behalf of the Nazis.......

I see your point and if I thought it would work, I would vote for it straight away but sadly, I think we are beyond it. I think GB is still a great country with a lot going for it and I will not be emigrating anytime soon but the stigma of society making people change faded some decades ago.

You would have to have some form of legal framework to hang it on. and I am not sure stopping the money of a potential crim wouldnt just increase the levels of crime, but ................. Na..... None of our elected reprasentatives have the cahonas for that

just a silly post. I know you know what i mean and i know you know i dont mean that. Just a Mr Smart.

Wasn't really that silly, i was referring to this comment: "putting them in special secure compounds and working for private companies free of charge" this is a pretty communist ideology and North Korea is the only place left on earth doing it. Thanks for stigmatising me a smart though, i'll take that.

Wasn't really that silly, i was referring to this comment: "putting them in special secure compounds and working for private companies free of charge" this is a pretty communist ideology and North Korea is the only place left on earth doing it. Thanks for stigmatising me a smart though, i'll take that.

As Keg pointed out it was our German friends frm the 1930's that came up with that first. So perhaps not so communist.

Yes it was more than silly, i am only suggesting using it on those that are slowly but surely destroying and wrecking society and killing and maiming innocents, and wrecking property and creating fear. Communism was the opposite, it picked on innocents and those whose only crimes were different beliefs. Get it right, dont twist what i am meaning.!

As Keg pointed out it was our German friends frm the 1930's that came up with that first. So perhaps not so communist.

Not sure how far apart Nazis and the communists were Alexr, two sides of the same circle that met in the middle..In my youth I read some of the Sven Hassel books and many times in there it was pointed out that the same people were in different uniforms.

Yeah fair point, i always think that the far right and far left kind of join up and meet each other like one big loop. The panorama doc on tv the other night likened the current north korea to the pre-war Nazi's.

Yes it was more than silly, i am only suggesting using it on those that are slowly but surely destroying and wrecking society and killing and maiming innocents, and wrecking property and creating fear. Communism was the opposite, it picked on innocents and those whose only crimes were different beliefs. Get it right, dont twist what i am meaning.!

I get your point Una, but who decides on who is at fault. I am with you all the way and have always been clear that my politics are well to the right but we need to be very careful.

Isnt that what we have a judicial system and prisons for, who would make the decision on who should go into the farm. What happens if the person who runs them decided that they want you and your family to work in them?