hmr accuracy

turbo33

................................. the awesome power of the HMR strikes again, well I suppose its a step up from boasting how many trucks your wind up Thomas the tank engine can pull boys.

Edited by Redgum

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

130yd headshots are definitely possible, if the weather conditions are right, but they're certainly not routine. A side shot into the shoulder is easier and has a greater safety margin, meat damage isn't as bad as you might think - there isn't much on the front legs anyway and only the heart and lungs get mashed.

130yd headshots are definitely possible, if the weather conditions are right, but they're certainly not routine. A side shot into the shoulder is easier and has a greater safety margin, meat damage isn't as bad as you might think - there isn't much on the front legs anyway and only the heart and lungs get mashed.

I chest shot a 60yard rabbit off sticks a few days ago and it turned the rabbits chest cavity and spine into pulp, though strangely the guts were intact and there was no exit wound at all. Almost like an explosion inside mr bunny.

................................. the awesome power of the HMR strikes again, well I suppose its a step up from boasting how many trucks your wind up Thomas the tank engine can pull boys.

dont be knockin it till youve tried it, its a very good little bullet!

I chest shot a 60yard rabbit off sticks a few days ago and it turned the rabbits chest cavity and spine into pulp, though strangely the guts were intact and there was no exit wound at all. Almost like an explosion inside mr bunny.

25 yd headshot............................ very little head left...................

HMR can be a bit variable, but generally the side-on shot to the top of the front leg smashes both legs and the heart / lungs. You can just cut off the front half of the rabbit and leave in in the hedge. They don't run from it, just a "goalkeeper" leap and then dead.

reason i deleted the 130 yard head shot post was people like you cannot believe that sort of shot is possible,a person on youtube chest shot a rabbit at over 230 yards,was he lying?go look at the site,any hmr owner will tell it is very possible to head shoot bunnys from 50 t0 150 yards,and evan further,and they are not sitting in arm chairs,130 yards is not that far,and anyone that cant hit a bunny with a hmr at that distance should IMO not have a hmr,so put that in your pipe and smoke it :yahoo:

I'm not disputing for one minute a 100+ head shot on a rabbit is not possible. As I was having a problem with my hmr, I asked for opinions on what was realistically achievable by an average shooter. There are some awesome marksman on here, truly inspiring, You were the one that said your longest shot on a rabbit was 110 yds, 4 hours later you said you can shoot them at 130 yards, and a few hours after that you're agreeing with Exmarksman that 140 metre head shots on hares is easy. So you're quite a lot more erratic with your claims than the accuracy of my ex hmr :P

I'm not disputing for one minute a 100+ head shot on a rabbit is not possible. As I was having a problem with my hmr, I asked for opinions on what was realistically achievable by an average shooter. There are some awesome marksman on here, truly inspiring, You were the one that said your longest shot on a rabbit was 110 yds, 4 hours later you said you can shoot them at 130 yards, and a few hours after that you're agreeing with Exmarksman that 140 metre head shots on hares is easy. So you're quite a lot more erratic with your claims than the accuracy of my ex hmr :P

The gun is definetly capable of head shooting rabbits at 100yd plus, especially with a bipod and rear bag, my little CZ varmint hmr could probably stack em in a rabbit head size target at 130yds if conditions were absolutly ideal, not a breath of wind etc. In the field, off sticks, mostly a night, in the locations that I find my rabbits, naaah, I can't do that so I limit my ranges down accordingly. Just glad this post hasnt rocketed to the normal realms of 500yd fox's. The only awesome marksmen on here that are truly inspiring are the ones you have been lucky enough to witness first hand.

well folks,this is my last post on the subject,im not really bothered who and who cant shoot good or not,i know i can,and have done head shots to 130 yards,and will do more,IMO if one cannot put 3 out of 5 shots into a rabbits head sized target at 100yds plus with any hmr, ,they should not have a hmr,i know lads who can head shoot bunnys with a 22lr at 90yrds,(someone say now that's impossible),the hmr starts where the 22 stops,and im confident that head shots past 130yrds are very possible in ideal conditions,so to finish,thanks to those lads who agree with me,we know what we are on about,to those who don't,my advice, get a shotgun. :no:

well folks,this is my last post on the subject,im not really bothered who and who cant shoot good or not,i know i can,and have done head shots to 130 yards,and will do more,IMO if one cannot put 3 out of 5 shots into a rabbits head sized target at 100yds plus with any hmr, ,they should not have a hmr,i know lads who can head shoot bunnys with a 22lr at 90yrds,(someone say now that's impossible),the hmr starts where the 22 stops,and im confident that head shots past 130yrds are very possible in ideal conditions,so to finish,thanks to those lads who agree with me,we know what we are on about,to those who don't,my advice, get a shotgun. :no:

Yawnnnnnnnnn............................................ back to your mates on the X box it is then.

me thinks some on here have turned what started out as a sensible post into a ******* competition :yes:

so my question is "who can **** the furthest"? count me out chaps ive just ****** down my leg laughing at some of the replies on here :lol::lol: BB