Foxy ready for the young corvids

Just an idea to get the young corvids into range when the time is ready (sometime in May) and a bit different to the usual decoys :yes: hopefully they will mob it and pay the ultimate price :shoot: BB

post-16664-0-26486400-1367513487_thumb.jpg

side on shot :good:

post-16664-0-24074500-1367513515_thumb.jpg

birds eye view from above :good:

Any positive/negative points welcome :good: especially from the corvid shooters :yes: BB

I did one about a year ago. I fixed the pelt to some chicken wire, and fitted metal spikes to the legs, to insert into the ground. From ground level. it does'nt look very good, but from a birdseye view, or looking at it from some distance, it does look 'real'. I will see if I can find the photo's I took of it, or the post I put up about it.

When placing the fox in the field, it pays to put a dead Crow by it, or scatter some feathers around.

cheers steve :good: I will place a dead bird close by, I was just playing around with it in the garden this afternoon and getting him ready to go :good: did the birds come into yours? BB

I only tried it the once, and a few did come over to 'have a look'. To be fair though, there was'nt many Corvids about, and I don't think I placed the fox decoy in the right place. I'm sure that it will work though, and hope to give it another try soon.

As well as placing a dead bird near the fox, scatter a few feathers around it as well, to look as if the fox has been ravaging the bird.

I am following this thread with interest as I have been offered a stuffed and mounted fox to use for crow bashing. All I need to do is find the time to go to my mates and pick it up! I should have time to pick it up next week, if so I will try to put a photo of my "new crow shooting buddy" on this thread!