Hello,

We have some opportunities for full and half Gun membership of our friendly game shoot in North Wales

(about 15 minutes from Chester) .

It is a stand and beat shoot, shooting on 8 Saturdays throughout the season with several pheasant drives on each shoot day. Ducks are driven over standing Guns and there are also woodcock on the shoot.

Vermin is controlled through the year with good pigeon/crow shooting over crops, and rabbit shooting in the Summer months.

The farms are pasture with some arable crops, plenty of hedgerows and several well placed woodlands. We also grow a cover crop and have two duck ponds. The land lies across 2 small valleys so the drives provide some challenging birds.

We have two release pens and rear a few hundred pheasants and some ducks each year. There are voluntary work parties in the summer, a summer fun clay shoot and social, and an informal shoot dinner in January.

We aim to have enjoyable shoot days with memorable birds, rather than just “how many are in the bag?”.

Saying that, we do aim for and regularly get, bags of 30+ and make sure that every Gun has fair and equal opportunities to shoot. The shoot has improved and grown each year, and we are expecting this year to be even better again.

The bag is shared at the end of the shoot day and everyone gets at least a brace to take home if they so wish.

We have syndicate rules to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment of shoot days.

Guns with dogs are preferred, but not essential as we also have some regular volunteer beaters.

If you are interested please pm me and we can arrange to chat on the ‘phone and meet for a walk around the shoot before membership is offered/taken. Some PW guys are already members and I am sure that they will give you their views!

Full Guns £780 8 days (plus 1st February rough shoot) Summer vermin shooting.

½ Guns £440 4 days (plus 1st February rough shoot) Summer vermin shooting.

There is also a one-off Joining fee of £30

Opportunities are limited, so send me a pm as soon as you can if you are interested..

Spitzer

Edited by Spitzer

Spitzer, I would have been very interested but have signed for my existing shoot for the coming year. If you have any vacancies for next year, do remember to PM me - I will take one, assuming I look Ok at the chat/interview !

The best of luck for the coming season.

Kes

Gents

I've occasionally mentioned the small syndicate shoot that I'm a member of. This is it.

I wouldn't leave this shoot for a gold pig (solid, none of your hollow cast stuff).

I've been in bigger shoots, but I've not been in better ones.

We don't shoot big bags, but if you want an enjoyable days shooting in some excellent company with well presented birds, and usually a brace to take home, please contact Spritzer without delay.

webber

Hi Bigbird,

You are not in my shoot atm. (Could fit you in, always good to have more dog people.)

My dog would be most offended if you were a member of my shoot and didn't recognize him from his photo!

Does your shoot sound similar to my advert?

Do you go by the username of 'Rhosyn' on another forum by any chance ?

Spitzer

Hi Bigbird,

You are not in my shoot atm. (Could fit you in, always good to have more dog people.)

My dog would be most offended if you were a member of my shoot and didn't recognize him from his photo!

Does your shoot sound similar to my advert?

Do you go by the username of 'Rhosyn' on another forum by any chance ?

Spitzer

nah big bird has got a bit confused and it's easy to see why, were on another shoot not to far away and very similar in our attitude towards the day and bag size. Plus we have a half gun spare and would prefer the position filled by someone with a working dog, I think rob should be writing the ad out for it over the next day or so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our shoot is well established and very experienced.

We welcome safe, experienced guns and we also occasionally take in safe guns who are new to game shooting, and provide them with advice and support as wanted.

As Shoot Captain, if you think that this shoot might be of interested to you then please send me a PM and we can arrange to speak on the phone and meet for a walk around the shoot.

When you see the land, and how we manage the shoot, I am sure that you will appreciate the exceptional sporting shooting that we enjoy.

Here is a picture from part of the shoot:

post-56356-0-37450400-1372856045_thumb.gif

Cheers,

Spitzer

I joined this shoot last season and being new to game shooting got a wealth of advice and encouragement.

Great bunch of blokes and I can highly recommend joining, you won't be disappointed.

Don't miss this one

Cheers Mark