good idea to join a rimfire club or not

Guys - is joining a .22 r/f club enough reason to be granted an FAC

i no longer have permission because of farm hand over and move , so have been looking for a while for somewhere to use an airrifle , anyway it seems that as soon as you mention airrifle to a landowner for bunny control - they stop taking you seriously

i,ve been shooting shotgun and airrifle for years now and know that an AR is a well capable tool.

just thinking if i had a .22 rimfire ( although no land to shoot it on ) it would open more doors , thus the thinking behind joining a club first

any thoughts

thanks

just thinking if i had a .22 rimfire ( although no land to shoot it on ) it would open more doors , thus the thinking behind joining a club first

You should have no problem getting a .22 for a club. But it would probably be for club use only.

Joining a shooting club will give you more than enough reason to keep a rimfire rifle. Plus, when you join, and get your rifle, you can always look around to get permission off a landowner to shoot vermin for them. As mentioned, you would not be allowed to use the rifle anywhere but the shooting club, until you get your permission elsewhere. So I would say join and get your rifle first.

Yes

Join a club its great fun,most of the people I shoot with in the club dont have land to shoot on so only have none expanding ammo on ticket,even with center fire riffles ie 308 223 and so on. Pick a good club and you wont regret it. The club im in is £60 a year organise clay shoots monthly and have two mod range days a month plus 2 evening indoor 22lr and air riffle 25yrds and maybe 2 morning shoots a month.

Edited by Albert 888

Yes

Join a club its great fun,most of the people I shoot with in the club dont have land to shoot on so only have none expanding ammo on ticket,even with center fire riffles ie 308 223 and so on. Pick a good club and you wont regret it. The club im in is £60 a year organise clay shoots monthly and have two mod range days a month plus 2 evening indoor 22lr and air riffle 25yrds and maybe 2 morning shoots a month.

that's what I call a good deal :good:

alan

I joined the local rifle range.

Meet some good guys & girls there and picked up some good advice as well, also got a couple new points of contact for vermin control.

Plus, it a good place to practice your shooting until you get some more permissions

Guest cookoff013

not only that, clubs usually have 22lr ammo for sale at cost, or with minimal profit.

they buy in such bulk, you probly cant get any cheaper.

when i was a member, of such a club ammo was unbelievable cheap.