Air Gun Pellets

subsonicnat

Loss of faith with pellets, Have you noticed NOT All shots a really bang on when firing air rifles. ???.

Pellet wheight, Skirt , slightly squashed, Etc they are all variables, I can put two or three through the same hole almost, but the fliers continue to rear their ugly heads, So the pellet is the problem most of the time, yes I can be off but even blokes who are trying to sell an air rifle do not get it right all the time, about time they came up with something a bit more special after all these years eh...

Edited by subsonicnat

Buy the pellet that gives the best results in your particular gun then buy as many from the same batch as you can-you can still buy Sizers that you can push your pellets thru to ensure that they are all good-Size em then store them in foam or similar if you can be bothered.I use AA fields and could not say,hand on heart,that the quality (or lack of it) has ever caused me to miss.

In my experience JSB pellets are awesome quality, all my guns seem to like them, and you don't get many fliers. A lot of people swear by crossman premiers, but they would only group in my PCP. Unfortunately JSB's are expensive for me because my local doesn't stock them. You also regularly hear god things from air arms field diablo's

Even if they are made to precision in the factory, they get damaged while shipped, damaged in transport, damage when you accidentally drop the tin, so you have to expect a few fliers, but just survey each pellet carefully when loading and you can avoid this. More than once when hunting Ive put a pellet in the pellet tray only then to notice a major deformity.

This day and age you would have thought they could come up with a be all end all alloy for pellets, but if they did the price would be ridiculous, so instead they try and sell us these Prometheus, and lead free pellets ( which in my experience have been rubbish )

my air rifle is extremely pellet fussy but shoots webley accupells and powerpells very well. They seem to work well in most rifles.

That is why I buy Crosman Premier Ultra Magnums and Crosman Premiers in cardboard boxes.

In over 2 years of using them I have found one, that is right, one, unusable pellet! The weights are pretty consistent, throughout a tin and they work in my guns so happy chappy!

I think they are the same as accupells just different packaging.

I have been using JSB Exacts 4.52 in 177 flavour with my hw100kt for the last 2 years.Last week I got 2 new tins and tested them out.They were all over the place I couldnt get more than 3 pellets to group in a 10p sized target at 35 yards.So I cleaned the barrel and tried again.Still the same.

My Dad uses accupells so I got 40 or 50 off him to try out.I didnt clean my barrel and just went and tried them out.They were brilliant.Yesterday On my way to work I stopped off and got 2 tins of accupells so I could do some proper tests whilst at work last night.After some slight adjustments to my zero at 35 yards I was grouping all 14 of my shots inside a 5p sized target.Then from 50 yards I was getting a 10p sized group with only 1 or 2 straying outside.

Accupells are now my pellet of choice :good:

Cheers mate :good:

They are the 7.9 grain so will get a tin or 2 of the crossman Premiers next time.I paid £7.50 a tin for the Accupells yesterday.I have seen them for more in other gun shops around here.What do you normaly pay for Crossman Prem?

Try Crosman Premiers if the 7.9 grain or Ultra Magnums if the 10.5 grains! Same pellet, just cheaper, could be a couple of quid difference!

Depends which ones. Yes there are 2 sorts.

1) Cardboard Boxed versions. These are boxed in 1250s, so they may appear expensive! They are all made from the same die, so every pellet is i bleeding dentical! These are sought by target shooters who buy loads of one die and get set up for that pellet (yes they can be that bad)!

2) Twist tin version These are just called the domed. Tin of 500 pellets, 7.9 grain, these are the Accupells! These are the cheapies, available from Uttings for £5.49 per tin

I have been using JSB Exacts 4.52 in 177 flavour with my hw100kt for the last 2 years.Last week I got 2 new tins and tested them out.They were all over the place I couldnt get more than 3 pellets to group in a 10p sized target at 35 yards.So I cleaned the barrel and tried again.Still the same.

My Dad uses accupells so I got 40 or 50 off him to try out.I didnt clean my barrel and just went and tried them out.They were brilliant.Yesterday On my way to work I stopped off and got 2 tins of accupells so I could do some proper tests whilst at work last night.After some slight adjustments to my zero at 35 yards I was grouping all 14 of my shots inside a 5p sized target.Then from 50 yards I was getting a 10p sized group with only 1 or 2 straying outside.

Accupells are now my pellet of choice :good:

any chance of an un edited video,cos if they are that good I,ll buy a few tins to try out

any chance of an un edited video,cos if they are that good I,ll buy a few tins to try out

Hiya Bob.I am back on nights again in 10 days time.I will take my cam corder in with me and do a vid on the indoor range.I also want to get the Heavy ultra magnums to try out.So will do a vid on those too.I dont know whats up with the JSB's :/ .I have used them for nearly 2 years with no problems.But the 2 new tins I got would not group.

Thats a really good group SecretAgentMole :good:

Hiya Bob.I am back on nights again in 10 days time.I will take my cam corder in with me and do a vid on the indoor range.I also want to get the Heavy ultra magnums to try out.So will do a vid on those too.I dont know whats up with the JSB's :/ .I have used them for nearly 2 years with no problems.But the 2 new tins I got would not group.

Thats a really good group SecretAgentMole :good:

no probs mate look forward to it,i,m always interested in trying new pellets but have to be honest,so far I have not found any that will match the JSB Exact,s 15.89g in the huntsman and that even includes the RWS Superfield,yet they work well in the s410,

all the best Evo