mancini sacking ridiculous

unapalomablanca

What a contrast to the 27 years of fergie. A year and a day after lifting the title, he is sacked. Ok, its a staggering pay off, certainly not the sack like i once got, but what a silly narrow decision. Runners up, champions league next year, cup finalists, i would say he did ok.

Edited by unapalomablanca

but what a silly narrow decision. Runners up, champions league next year, cup finalists, i would say he did ok.

That's the problem, we did ok. As a city fan I genuinely believe we have one of the best squads in the world. We have world class players in pretty much every position yet we never really challenged united this season, we got beat in the final by a team who are pretty much relegated and who cost half of what we paid for Samir nasri alone.

The champions league for the last two years has been a joke, both times we had difficult groups but to not even make the knock out stage is laughable. We got stuffed off Ajax who played us off the park home and away but got battered of both Dortmund and Madrid.

All city fans adore Mancini for giving us out first trophy in 35 years and first title in 44 years but this season we haven't been anywhere near our potential and there lies the problem. If you believe the stories a lot of the players hate him. He stood by super mario during all his craziness but criticised joe hart publicly along with nasri and others.

Bobby Manc will always be a legend for what he did but the truth is in his career he has never done well in the champs league and after getting 60/70% of the teams potential this season a change was needed.

ATB 425

As a city fan I am also sad to see him go, on the other hand I have watched some truly awful football at the Etihad this season as well as some flashes of brilliance. I watched Nasri fail to make a pass forward for the whole first half of the season for example. Bobby Manc has been a great manager for City, but the team have not performed consistently well this season. I also think City has a team as good as Real or Barca, and definitely better than United, but unlike these sides they have been quite incapable of grinding out a win in what should have been the easier games, whilst beating Chelsea and United in the harder games.

The City motto is Pride in Battle, something that has been lacking this season. Lets see what the future has in store. After all I doubt it will be another 30 odd years before we see silver wear again.

cant really blame the manager tho ,lets be honest as you say the players have under performed,and until they start capping wages and players start playing with their heart on their shirts instead of " for the money" then this sort of thing will happen time and time again,

I,m a blue from the other city and have to be honest was very shocked man city got beaten by wigan,prob the biggest shock of the season,,one thing is for sure,,,,there is no loyalty in football anymore,sad but true

Had to repost the below statement as its the truth.

Manger picks the players its up to them to perform, they get paid their stupidly high wages regardless of results, the mangers get 'sacked'

'cant really blame the manager tho ,lets be honest as you say the players have under performed,and until they start capping wages and players start playing with their heart on their shirts instead of " for the money" then this sort of thing will happen time and time again'

Do you think an English manager will ever win the Premiership?

Or an 'English' team lol

As a city fan I am also sad to see him go, on the other hand I have watched some truly awful football at the Etihad this season as well as some flashes of brilliance. I watched Nasri fail to make a pass forward for the whole first half of the season for example. Bobby Manc has been a great manager for City, but the team have not performed consistently well this season. I also think City has a team as good as Real or Barca, and definitely better than United, but unlike these sides they have been quite incapable of grinding out a win in what should have been the easier games, whilst beating Chelsea and United in the harder games.

The City motto is Pride in Battle, something that has been lacking this season. Lets see what the future has in store. After all I doubt it will be another 30 odd years before we see silver wear again.

Try watching Newcastle..... :no:

:shaun: