VARIATION QUESTION

Hi, I have two question's if any one can help me ?

First thing is I have just gained some bigger land so its time to put in for a variation. I have wrote on the form what rifle I would like so that is one item but I want a mod for that rifle so would that be clased as two variation's ?

The second question is am i right in thinking its £26 for each variation so would my bill be just £26 or with the mod on top £52 ?

Any help would be brill and save me time when they have to keep sending it me back like last time. :good:

First thing is I have just gained some bigger land so its time to put in for a variation. I have wrote on the form what rifle I would like so that is one item but I want a mod for that rifle so would that be clased as two variation's ?

The second question is am i right in thinking its £26 for each variation so would my bill be just £26 or with the mod on top £52 ?

Any help would be brill and save me time when they have to keep sending it me back like last time. :good:

Hi Crossy

Just £26 for both mate

Geordie

Hi Crossy

Just 1 variation so it will only cost £26 mate

Geordie

Dont forget to ask for expanding ammo when the FEO asks or send a covering letter - should work this out from the reason you have requested it, but wise to be sure and explain how much ammo you need.

I've never asked for expanding ammunition on a variation, they have always just added it on automatically, maybe that's just Warwickshire

maybe steve because both were rimfire calibres

True. But I know of a person who had a one for one variation, when he 'removed' a centerfire moderator off his ticket and had a .17HMR rifle added. We all know that different police forces sometimes add their own conditions to suit.

its only a free 1 for 1 variation when its the same calibre your asking for

Its the slot you pay for not the calibre, my FEO tried to pull this stunt on me years ago when I wanted to change an unused Fac air rifle slot for a 243, I was told the calibre jump was to high so would have to pay again. Talked to BASC, they said utter rubbish and just send the variation in with cover letter but no payment. Of course you have good reason to possess for any variation which I did. Variation went one for one with never a word said. If you have good reason to possess then you could put down a stack of rifles and only pay £26.

True. But I know of a person who had a one for one variation, when he 'removed' a centerfire moderator off his ticket and had a .17HMR rifle added. We all know that different police forces sometimes add their own conditions to suit.

im almost sure when i changed my 223 on a variation for another 223 i asked is there any charge? and was told no charge becouse its the same calibre,they said there,s only a charge if calibres are different so you could be right steve different force different rules maybe

Hi CROSSY666, you can have a variation for free as long as it's one for one, you only pay if you want to add additional weapons. Just done a variation with Staffs Police, ( I guess you are with them), had "any other lawful quarry" put on for the .22lr and the 17hmr and changed from .223 rifle, ammo and moderator to .243 rifle, ammo and moderator with deer stalking for free. GET THIS, Staffs Firearms licensing received the variation last Monday, (13th) and FAC was on the doormat on Wednesday the 15th !! Hope they are as quick with yours.

No it's not, as I changed a .22LR slot for a .17HMR. No fee charged. This was with S.Wales police. It may (but should'nt) be different with other police forces.

This is correct. The only time a fee applies is if the variation increases the number of firearms on your FAC. So, if you remove a .22LR and put a .577 Nitro Express in it's place it's free.

J.

I had to vary changing an unused .22 FAC air slot for a .243 with Cheshire but I changed at renewal so it cost nothing. Otherwise £26.00.

Nope. If you are not increasing the number of firearms then it's free.

J.

im almost sure when i changed my 223 on a variation for another 223 i asked is there any charge? and was told no charge becouse its the same calibre,they said there,s only a charge if calibres are different so you could be right steve different force different rules maybe

There are no different rules on this and your region have their knickers in a twist.

1 for 1 relates to the slot, you can change a .22lr mod for a .308 rifle, its still a 1 for 1, whatever region you are in, and still free! :good:

To get back to the question, which has already been answered, there is ONE fee, for as many variations as you want to make at the same time, so think carefully and if possible try and future proof yourself a little.

Remember, at Renewal time you can also make as many variations as you like which are all covered in your renewal fee, there is NO ADDITIONAL variation charge! :good: