remey acurracy

simon6ppc

hi guys lately i keep reading about folk slagging of remy rifles,ive just bought a new vssf 22.250 so today i took it to my rifle range to shoot some groups with it to see what it can realy do at 110 yard.there was a wind from right to left other wise it would have been spot on, i shot five four shot groups all in all,and all of them were around the half inch or just less,i use 38 grains of H380 with a 50 grain soft point as at the moment i have no noslers.i cant down load all the groups for some reason as the file is to big my lap top says,any way any of you guys that are wondering about these rifles as to the bad coments think again as these yank guns can definatley shoot,ps mine is bog standard as well, cheers simon....

post-56146-0-07910400-1372535376_thumb.jpg

post-56146-0-31216500-1372535393_thumb.jpg

post-56146-0-51218600-1372535796_thumb.jpg

Edited by simon6ppc

Very nice looking gun Simon...nothing wrong with the way that shoots mate...

ye pal, remys have had some slagging of lately and today when i shot mine i just thought for a standard gun how can you call that sort of accuracy,dont get me wrong the next time i shoot it, it could be all over the place as 22.250,s are like that some times, abt simon...

Excellent group!! your gun is the cream of the crop as far as factory accuracy goes with the kevlar stock and aluminum bedding block. I wouldn't change a thing or waste any more barrel life shooting paper. Find some critters that need smoked and put it on them.

ye you are right pal, but at the moment ime still getting used to it, ive used sako,s for years and a remy is so different,but ive done my bit now on the range, ive been foxing with it twice now but have not had chance of a shot yet,but ime that impressed with it i cant stop shooting it :good: ha ha, cheers simon...

They have sorted the main complaints with this rifle, I had a .223 that shot the same and tried one of these in .243 a while back and they are very nice.

ye pal to be honest since reading the bad i have read some good lately about the vssf,s. i think at hart i will always be a sako man as ive used my sako 75 6ppc almost since they came out new as that gun just shoots day in day out,me my self i have always looked at remys as a starting out gun but i have changed my mind now as in 22.250 this gun can punch paper under half inch at 100 yard, in 223 it must be lethal, cheers simon...

ye pal to be honest since reading the bad i have read some good lately about the vssf,s. i think at hart i will always be a sako man as ive used my sako 75 6ppc almost since they came out new as that gun just shoots day in day out,me my self i have always looked at remys as a starting out gun but i have changed my mind now as in 22.250 this gun can punch paper under half inch at 100 yard, in 223 it must be lethal, cheers simon...

for a foxing gun they are pretty reasonable, they lack a little of the refinement that is nice when stalking but if you want a well constructed rifle for use on a truck etc they do seem pretty reasonable. These have been made far prettier and the stock lacks the usual issues and if you want to drop a new trigger in its easy. I keep toying with the idea of getting another .223 but really I don't know how much it would come out as the .243 does everything