who else

washwildfowler

I've just been looking for something in the cupboard and came across my box that I keep all my club membership since I started fowling many, many moons ago ... I even have my sons first membership card from when he was 13 ..

Who else saves there's ..

Edited by washwildfowler

As with all us wildfowlers being whats known as the good old boys ,we never throw anything away as it might just do that job one day !!!!

Why just slid draw open beside me and find a WAGBI 1977 membership booklet !!!

And whats this ,why its a day ticket for Poonton wash 20 December 1980 !!!!

And another and another Dec 12th 1981,27th jan 82 ,,7/8th Dec 1987

And a recipt/sales invoice dated 26/7/2002 for my Browning Gold cammo 3 1/2" s/a which I purchased at the Game Fair that year !!!! and its been my fowling gun ever since !!!

In the garage is a few old cans of paint you know the ones with just a smidgeon left in the bottom ,hardly enought to cover a postage stamp and when a year or two later one jemmys the rusty top of its gone rock hard so one bangs the top on puts it aside and carrys on looking for a useful one and it still gets left their !!!!!

Get a life Riptide !!!!!!!!!!!!!

"and when a year or two later one jemmys the rusty top of its gone rock hard so one bangs the top on puts it aside and carrys on looking for a useful one and it still gets left their !!!!"

I take it we're talking about the "Browning (jammer) Gold" here then riptide? :yes:

Not me....I`m no hoarder!!. When items have served their purpose that's it...in the bin it goes!!.

Never really thought of myself as a hoarder! I just like to keep things that remind me of places I've been and things that I've done. Especially if I can get them into my game book. Gives me a bit of pleasure to read back over the years and things like a photograph ,ticket or feather etc adds something to the story. I like the idea that my grandchildren and their future offspring can relive parts of my life through my collection of memorabilia.

Never really thought of myself as a hoarder! I just like to keep things that remind me of places I've been and things that I've done. Especially if I can get them into my game book. Gives me a bit of pleasure to read back over the years and things like a photograph ,ticket or feather etc adds something to the story. I like the idea that my grandchildren and their future offspring can relive parts of my life through my collection of memorabilia.

I see your point and fully agree with what you say regarding future offspring reliving a part of your life. My term "Hoarder" was a little tongue in cheek. I do keep scrapbooks with notes and photos and logs of my days out. However there are certain people I know who will Hoard [to the extreme] the most useless and pointless of things imaginable from their shooting past. One in particular refuses to throw away any used cartridge and collects a couple of rocks from each marsh he shoots and then writes on the rock which marsh along with the date!!!!!!!!.............The best bit is the rocks are placed in a old bookcase in his front room much to the disgust of his wife!!

I see your point and fully agree with what you say regarding future offspring reliving a part of your life. My term "Hoarder" was a little tongue in cheek. I do keep scrapbooks with notes and photos and logs of my days out. However there are certain people I know who will Hoard [to the extreme] the most useless and pointless of things imaginable from their shooting past. One in particular refuses to throw away any used cartridge and collects a couple of rocks from each marsh he shoots and then writes on the rock which marsh along with the date!!!!!!!!.............The best bit is the rocks are placed in a old bookcase in his front room much to the disgust of his wife!!

Hoarder - made me think of them daft beggars you see on TV that keep pizza boxes etc!!, I'm not quite that bad lol but I suppose if I was honest I do keep one or two daft things as well but no cartridges or rocks. Every now and then usually end of season I have a cull and bin bits and pieces.

I have been decorating at home all week so had a good chance to tidy the bedside drawers out and come across lots of bit and bobs I forgot I had. All of my old shotgun certificates from when I first got one, receipts of all the guns I have owned, kennel club pedigree charts for all the dogs I have had and lots of tide table books and membership cards. I also discovered some Shooting Times magazines I had saved from the 80's. They are free to a good home on HDWA site....I have ordered a new Laurona for £300, hope they stick to the price quoted .....and here I was thinking you were a sad lot for keeping stuff from years back !!!!!

I have been decorating at home all week so had a good chance to tidy the bedside drawers out and come across lots of bit and bobs I forgot I had. All of my old shotgun certificates from when I first got one, receipts of all the guns I have owned, kennel club pedigree charts for all the dogs I have had and lots of tide table books and membership cards. I also discovered some Shooting Times magazines I had saved from the 80's. They are free to a good home on HDWA site....I have ordered a new Laurona for £300, hope they stick to the price quoted .....and here I was thinking you were a sad lot for keeping stuff from years back !!!!!

There is no wonder you havent got the time to answer your phone if you have been looking through "those old magazines" again. :lol: