Crow Floaters from Paul Hart

After arriving back home from my holidays this morning,and nothing much to do, I decided to go up to a local permission and try out the Crow floaters that I picked up from Paul Hart (the pigeon shooter) awhile back. When I first had the decoys, I thought that they would not work, and would be a waste of money. Well I was wrong. I set two of the floaters out in a field where a few Crows were flying around, and as soon as there was movement in the floaters, the Crows came to 'have a look'. I did'nt take my shotgun with me, but would have had a few easy shots if I had done.

All in all, the floaters are very light in weight, are easily attached to a bouncer/floater arm, and are big in size. I am going to try them on a rota in the next week or so, to see if they will attract the birds.

Contact Paul on here to find out more.

Welcome home Steve hope you both had a great time. :good: you will have more shooting kit than Paul's got to sell. :lol::lol::lol: atvb Terry

Hi Terry. You're not far wrong there mate. I've probably got more than I need, but I'm always up for trying something new regarding Corvid shooting.

Had a great time in Cyprus, a bit too hot for me (averaging 41c) most days. Looking for somewhere to go in September now.

Speak soon.

Steve.

Are they actually strong enough to push in the ground?

Not sure what you mean by 'stong enough to push in the ground'. I use the decoys on bouncers/floaters that are sturdy enough to be inserted enough into hard soil.

I tried the decoys out again yesterday, to show a mate in work. Did'nt have shotgun with me, but the Crows were very interested in the floaters. Not sure what Paul Hart is charging for them now. Contact him to find out, but they are worth every penny.

They look the same, and I think that this is the Ebay site that Paul uses. But the decoys were not £18 each when I had them.

Check out the price on Paul's website.

Is this the same Steve? Does it fit onto the spike of a bouncer?

Cheers

Andy

http://www.thepigeonshooter.com/ProductDetails.asp?ID=227&CategoryID=17

Yes, that's the one Andy. When you get them, you have to stick the two sides of the head together, using the self adhesive strip that's fitted to one side. The spike on the floater/bouncer can be slotted just underneath the metal strip that goes from wing to wing. For extra strength (although not needed) you can fit the arms of the floater/bouncer to the underside of the wings.

They are very lightweight and really bounce with the slightest of breeze. I recommend them.

Not sure what you mean by 'stong enough to push in the ground'. I use the decoys on bouncers/floaters that are sturdy enough to be inserted enough into hard soil.

I tried the decoys out again yesterday, to show a mate in work. Did'nt have shotgun with me, but the Crows were very interested in the floaters. Not sure what Paul Hart is charging for them now. Contact him to find out, but they are worth every penny.

They look the same, and I think that this is the Ebay site that Paul uses. But the decoys were not £18 each when I had them.

Check out the price on Paul's website.

The base on my rotrary is so weak that it bends like butter when you use your boot to get it in, been beefed up by me a couple of times but theres only so much you can do