00 shot

hunterdave

Hi guys

Went to my local gun shop this morning for some 00 shot, 12g cartridges this morning only to be told he didn't sell them and I need an fac to buy them !

Is this wright ? I thought it was anything with less than 6 pellets in was fac or am I making that up , not sure myself wasn't going to question a guy that does it for a living.

Go back & tell him he's talking borelocks

FAC cartridges are less than six shot, OR shot dia that is more than .36"

Ask him to SHOW exactly WHERE in the Firearms Act he is getting his information from....

JUST because he is an RFD means nothing...there is no test to take or exam to pass on knowledge of the law, firearms designs, history of shooting in the UK, etc.

Quite a few RFDs I know come into it from a £ s d viewpoint = profits are the be all and end all....if there is no margin they don't bother

Edited by saddler

its not the amount of shot that is making them fac .its the diameter of the shot .

the limit is a min of 5 pieces and a max dia of .32" sg or 0 buck. its all the same

Why do you think that the maximum size is .32" ?

As per my earlier post "cartridges containing five or more shot, none of which exceeds ·36 inch in diameter;" - Firearms Act 1968, Part 1, Section 1, Para 4(a)

Why do you think that the maximum size is .32" ?

As per my earlier post "cartridges containing five or more shot, none of which exceeds ·36 inch in diameter;" - Firearms Act 1968, Part 1, Section 1, Para 4(a)

I think you are right to saddler . I had a brain far*t moment :good::welcomeani: just got up to go to work :lol:

The English size that is legal on a shot gun cert' is LG,,,.360" and around 6 pieces to 1&1/8th oz loads.

We use to make mag loads of ten LG with tea leaf as a packer,,,they were errr formidable!

U.

LG + tea leaves = PG

A free chimpanzee in every pack

Hi guys

Went to my local gun shop this morning for some 00 shot, 12g cartridges this morning only to be told he didn't sell them and I need an fac to buy them !

Is this wright ? I thought it was anything with less than 6 pellets in was fac or am I making that up , not sure myself wasn't going to question a guy that does it for a living.

i buy 12g 50g zeros all the time! But i dont have an fac Ur loacal is talking rubbish bud!!