Expert Shots

John Chisum

Amazed at this post tbh :blink:

As cat says you should, could learn a lot from a good shot at the ground :yes: do you watch the clays break or do you look at his feet , pick up points and break points ?

Take the Lad for instance 2 years ago he shot a 50+ at the pw charity shoot , but he has learned to read clays and where to shoot them ! this years he shot an 80+ and finished in the top 10 beating a great shot (Cat) Made his day as he beat me too :oops:

Learn from good shots not condemn them :good:

Amazed at this post tbh :blink:

As cat says you should, could learn a lot from a good shot at the ground :yes: do you watch the clays break or do you look at his feet , pick up points and break points ?

Take the Lad for instance 2 years ago he shot a 50+ at the pw charity shoot , but he has learned to read clays and where to shoot them ! this years he shot an 80+ and finished in the top 10 beating a great shot (Cat) Made his day as he beat me too :oops:

Learn from good shots not condemn them :good:

Hmmmph!.....bloomin kids..... :ermm:

:shaun:

At our club we have a pool shoot at the end of a normal couple of rounds, I,m not great and still learning but I enter to get the experience of shooting under a bit more pressure I know I,ll lose my money, but one day it will be mine!!!

Also a world champ started at our club when he was young and he wont shoot with us when he drops in cause he doesnt do too well at our shoot? Weird!!

It used to happen a lot round here, guys would turn up and spend more on entry fees than they ended up winning.....

Its all about perspective, they have obviously put the time and money in to get to standard they have achieved so are allowed to enter as they wish,

if you are only wanting to win win win then I think you are missing out on a lot of the fun of clay shooting,

yes its nice to win, to show you are getting there, but its its also nice to turn up with a bunch of like minded people who like the banter and the day out,

to quote "its not the winning its the taking part", its true...I love clay shooting although I know I will never be a "top" shot,

Most of the people I knock about with now are people I have met through shooting,

I attend the annual PW charity shoot knowing I wont be high gun, but I try to beat my previous score,(didnt this year...lol)

I shoot to beat myself, if along the way I can beat a few others then great, if not I've still had fun.....

Relax, take it as it comes, I know people to whom winning is everything, they are miserable old duffers when they dont, dont become one of them

:shaun:

The op should read this post carefully....sums up what clay shooting is really all about... :good::good:

As has been said really...look at the good guys and view it as a free lesson :yes:

Even more of a bonus if you can grab a lift or offer to drive if the good shot is fairly local to you, you'll get to visit other grounds and still get more free lessons in how to do it right :good::good:

Can't tell i'm a tight Yorkshireman can you B)

Azzurri

As has been said really...look at the good guys and view it as a free lesson :yes:

Even more of a bonus if you can grab a lift or offer to drive if the good shot is fairly local to you, you'll get to visit other grounds and still get more free lessons in how to do it right :good::good:

Can't tell i'm a tight Yorkshireman can you B)

Azzurri

It was even better when we all watched you win the shoot off for 1st place at the PW charity shoot this year :good: