Gas BBQ

Cosd

No need to change any recipes between gas and charcoal. The nice thing about gas is the spontaneity - I often come home from work and have a BBQ.

Cut up some chicken breast into large equal sized chunks, quarter a red onion, and cut some streaky bacon into square sized bits. Put all this in a bowl with olive oil, lemon juice ad oregano. The olive oil is important here - use 1/4 cup for a kilo of meat.

Let that marinade for a couple if hours, then put on skewers, putting bacon and onion piece between each bit of chicken. Grill until done.

Edited by aris

always been a charcoal cooker myself then 2 yrs ago i bought a gas one with lava rocks in , i haven't used the coal one since still got it but the gas one is so much quicker and as said more controllable and if there is a taste difference me or my family cant tell :good:

Edited by holly

Anything with a high fat content, chicken thighs are brilliant, cook till the skin goes crispy.

Ribs (unflavoured)from asda, buy their own chipotle sauce and baste as you cook, squirt some on when finished.

Salmon, put in some brine for a hour (you can't go wrong with the strength as salmon will only take as much salt as it needs) place on a small piece of tin foil and surround with wood chips you can buy (I buy the jack Daniel ones, I'm sure it's just a gimmick and any will work but I love the smell, but don't like whiskey). Close the lid and leave on low until all the smoke stops coming out the sides, gives a light smoke taste, but just enough. I find the boxes for wood chips pointless.

Edited by markm