Which .243 for 58gr pills

farmerben

Looking at getting a .243 and having read the forum it seems they can be loaded to shoot flat and fast; almost 22-250 territory.

Which rifle or barrel type (twist) would be recommend for 58 grain pills? Wouldnt mind another t3. Are the 58 grainers available off the shelf or are they home rolled, i am looking at finding some reloading gear if anyone has had enough of it themselves!

Many thanks

I suppose you should avoid anything with an unusually fast twist. As with any ammo though the preference can come down to the individual gun rather than make. Factory ammo is available in 58gr. Norma and Hornady I'm sure make it, and probably others.

I'm looking to buy a rifle in the same calibre and am going to go for a T3. The poll I set up puts it firmly in favour over the Howa, and I don't like Remington or Savage. The Browning is worth a look - cheaper than the T3 and shoots very well. I have one in .223 and really rate it but want something different.

most seem to shoot them fine, I know my sako 85 finlight loves them. These are home rolled so to speak but the trajectory you get is pretty awesome and personally I think it exceeds the 22-250 rather than anything else. Then I can use heavy bullets on deer so everyones a winner

Thanks chaps, may have to go look at a T3, don't think I could stretch to a sako at the mo. would the heavy barrel be worth it for a 243 do you think?

You get what you like.

I don't have any use whatsoever for HEAVY barrels for field use, others love them, such is life. :good: